Green Hope Places Second in Grapple

December 8, 2015

The Green Hope wrestling team, led by Coach Chip Bunn, is off to a 6-2 start for the 2015-16 season. The starters on this team of 58 wrestlers are Tyler Couture, Caleb Andreu, Riyaadh Winquist, J.J. Dodds, Quentin Couture, Aidan Callahan, Lucas Laszacs, Collin Laing, Ryan Sollod, Sean Kelly, Andrew Becvar, Kenneth Andreu, and Alex Etgen. In addition, a few athletes are undefeated this season including Reilly Rhoades with a 4-0 record, J.J. Dodds with a 3-0 record, Aidan Callahan with a 3-0 record, and Ryan Sollod with a 7-0 record.

The Falcons recently competed in the Green Hope Grapple tournament on Saturday, December 5th. The team placed 2nd overall in this tournament. The team is preparing to compete against Panther Creek this Friday.

Junior Alex Etgen who has a record of 7-1 comments, “In the whole time I’ve been wrestling at Green Hope we’ve been a good team, and this is the biggest team I have seen yet. But, it’s also the youngest and most inexperienced team. Winning the past few tournaments and matches show that we hold a lot of promise for the future- when new wrestlers become veterans and the experienced ones are able to pass on their knowledge, then we will be a great team.”

The Falcon News Feed • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in