Women Win, Men Fall to Millbrook in Second Meet

December 1, 2015

Last night, both the women’s and men’s swim teams competed in their second meet at the Triangle Aquatic Center.  Green Hope competed against Millbrook, Holly Springs High, and Wakefield High School.

The girls continued their strong start to their season leading the scoreboard with 191 points through the final event with Millbrook trailing by 56 points.  The women’s team won all of their relays and only lost two of the eleven events. Individual winners include Brooke Rubendall in the 200 freestyle and the 100 backstroke, Jenny Nusbaum in the 50 and 100 freestyle, Kate Moore in the 100 butterfly, and Katie Sanders in the 100 breaststroke.

“The season is looking promising after this meet and our first meet against Athens, Cary, and Sanderson. We lost a lot of great swimmers last year but our depth will be able to carry us through another fantastic season,” comments senior captain Brooke Rubendall.

The Green Hope boys lost their first meet of the season by only eight points to Millbrook High School.  The boys won the 200 freestyle relay as well as individual winners, Henry Hollinshead in the 100 butterfly and 100 backstroke, John Healy in the 200 individual medley, and freshman Michael Ivy in the 50 freestyle. The Green Hope boys had a second place finish with 184 points.
The next Green Hope swim meet will be on Tuesday, December 8, against Enloe and Garner at Campbell University.

The Falcon News Feed • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in