Women’s Golf Places Sixth at 4A East Regionals

October 22, 2015

Green Hope women’s golf placed sixth at the 4A east regional championship at Heritage Golf Club in Raleigh on Tuesday. After winning the first state championship in the program’s history last season, the falcons will be represented at states by sophomore Lauren Nee who qualified as an individual in dramatic fashion on Tuesday by making par on the first hole of a sudden death playoff.

However, the Falcons as a team failed to finish inside the top three at regionals, and will not be returning to the 4A North Carolina state championship. The state championship which will take place on Monday and Tuesday of next week at Pinehurst No. 6.

Nee was a key contributor for the Falcons all year long. She led the team with a nine hole scoring average of 44.1. Nee also led the team at the SWAC conference championship as she fired an impressive 81 in the eighteen hole competition. She followed up that performance with a 90 on Tuesday at Heritage Golf Club.   

Senior captain Mirren Hill capped off her Green Hope career by shooting a 97 at regionals. This was Mirren’s fourth consecutive year of being a member of the team. She provided veteran leadership all season long. She commented, “It was a great experience to be a part of something for all 4 years of high school, and it’s very bittersweet that it’s over, I’ll miss looking forward to the season each year.”

The Green Hope women’s golf program has made some impressive strides over the past couple seasons. They will be poised for a breakout season next Fall as they return every starter except for Hill.

The Falcon News Feed • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in