Is Cyber Monday > Black Friday?

Some+of+the+best+deals+from+Cyber+Monday.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Is Cyber Monday > Black Friday?

Some of the best deals from Cyber Monday.

Erin McIndoe

Erin McIndoe

Erin McIndoe

Erin McIndoe, Managing Editor

Picture this–it is Thanksgiving day, and families across America have just finished their feasts. As soon as they are done, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, grandparents and children galore rush to the mall to begin working off all those calories in a form of exercise some people like to call shopping. There are people who get into arguments, throw punches, and tear through stores just to get the best deals on all the hottest items. After all that work they come away with very heavy bags full of stuff and a very light wallet. 

Many argue that this struggle is not worth the reward. Even if you happen to be the type of person who goes to the mall on Thanksgiving night and comes home on Friday morning, there are many more negatives than positives associated with Black Friday shopping.  Getting no sleep, walking around for hours, finding parking, and arguing over items are terrible ways to spend your holiday break.

Luckily, there is a much better way to shop: online on Cyber Monday. Compared to Black Friday, Cyber Monday brings significantly less stress and even better deals.  Popular brands such as Nike, Hydroflask, and Aerie had deals ranging from 25% to 50% off.  These deals are just as good or better than the ones in store.

Senior Maddy Clarke said, “I didn’t go black Friday shopping but I did do Cyber Monday. I love to shop and online shopping is the best way to do it.  You can find things much easier and sort for what you are looking for.” Cyber Monday allows one to feel all the satisfaction of getting all the best items while getting ahead on holiday shopping without all the hassle of being in-store.  Buying things from the comfort of one’s own home, snuggled in a blanket, with a mug of hot chocolate in hand is the best way to do it–and that’s speaking from experience.

The extreme sales are now over, but there are still many holiday deals to come.  Make sure you are paying attention to emails you get from stores. As annoying as some of them may be, they will save money and time. Do your shopping the right way and do it online this year.

Erin McIndoe, Managing Editor

This year in the Falcon News Feed Erin McIndoe, the senior class president here at Green Hope High School, is looking forward to getting involved in the...