Is It Too Early for Christmas Music?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Is It Too Early for Christmas Music?

WikiCommons

WikiCommons

WikiCommons

Anna Dunn and Caity Dawes

The beginning of November is the beginning of Christmas season for a choice few, but for others the celebration waits until after Thanksgiving.  Nowadays, the music starts playing as soon as Halloween ends. We went around and asked Green Hope students and teachers for their opinions on this pressing question: Is it too early to play Christmas music?  

Caity Dawes: “It’s a little early. If you start listening now, the Christmas music will get old by the time the holiday rolls around. I’ve done it before, and it just ruins Christmas.  I also think there needs to be more Thanksgiving songs to give representation.”

Ella Troiano: “It’s too early.  It can start after Thanksgiving. You lose the time to celebrate fall and giving thanks.”

Shreya Patel: “No it’s not too early. It’s just music and just because it’s Christmas themed music doesn’t mean you have to listen to it then. Although I don’t like how it’s being shoved down our throats because of the new Grinch movie. Capitalism.”

Briley Stafford: “No. Why? Because Christmas is a happy holiday and everyone needs happiness at all times.”  

Addie Tincher: “No. It’s never too early because it puts you in a good mood. It’s just great and I love all of it.”

Mattheus Moran: “Yes. It’s November not December. Thanksgiving isn’t here yet so why are we celebrating Christmas?”

Hannah McCarron: “So…starting November 1st you can listen to one or two songs, however the week of Thanksgiving you take a break.  After Thanksgiving, it’s just Christmas I’ve thought about this a lot. This week I started listening to Little St. Nick by the Beach Boys and Last Christmas by Wham!.”

Anna Dunn: “Yes.  There are probably only ten really good Christmas songs that can be listened to and when you put them on repeat for two full months before the actual holiday they get repetitive, annoying, and they stop making you happy.  I cannot condone listing to Christmas music this early. You should listen on the week of Christmas and the day you put up your tree. No other times.”

Green Hope students are divided. To listen or not to listen? This question is tearing apart the very infrastructure of our school. Our school is divided more than ever, all thanks to Christmas music. Will we even make it to Christmas at this point?

About the Writers
Anna Dunn, Staff Writer

Anna is a Junior and she is on the lacrosse team. She is funny but quiet and her favorite color is green. Anna likes to travel. She visited Argentina and...

Caity Dawes, Staff Writer

Caity Dawes is a Junior, and this is her first year on The Falcon. She grew up in Rhode Island, and moved to North Carolina in 2007. Caity is most excited...