Soccer Soars to Quarterfinals

Patrick Dunn, Sports Writer

On Thursday night, the soccer team once again defeated Panther Creek High School in a 3-0 rout. This was the third time the Falcons played Panther Creek this year, and the third time the Falcons won.

The Falcons came out firing, putting away 2 goals in the first half. Junior striker Sam Durand opened the scoring last night in the first half. The play started with Jake Giacona, who moved the ball to Dylan Ensling, who gave it to Durand for the score. The next goal came off a beautifully placed ball by senior captain Colin O’Brien to junior Martin De-Larminat who put it away. Ensling finished off the scoring in the second half.

Green Hope played stingy defense all night. Keeper Matt Hayes only had to make a handful of saves. The team is looking forward to another exciting game in the next round of the state playoffs.

Green Hope is headed to the quarter final game against Athens Drive on Saturday, November 10th. The Falcons have beat Athens twice this year. Be sure to come out and support your Green Hope Falcons!

Patrick Dunn, Staff Writer

Patrick Dunn, a native North Carolinian, is a staff member of Falcon News Feed. Patrick is a senior and represents Green Hope by running on the cross country team and playing defense on the lacrosse team. Last year Patrick helped the lacrosse team win a Conference Championship by protecting the goal and not allowing his weaker opponents to score. Still undecided on what he wants to study, Patrick would like to go to UNC and after college, he would rather stay in the south. Outside of school and sports, Patrick likes to play the guitar or relax with a bowl of penne vodka watching Breaking Bad.