Football vs. Sanderson Preview

PJ Fenton, Sports Writer

On Friday, November 9th the Green Hope Falcons will be traveling to Raleigh to take on the Spartans of Sanderson High School. Green Hope comes into the game after a short turn around from the Panther Creek game. The Falcons are now sitting at 5-4 and finished 3-2 in conference. The game is a make-up from the scheduled meeting in September due to Hurricane Florence. Sanderson comes into the match with a 3-7 overall record and a 1-5 record in conference. Although there record is not very impressive, the Spartans have a very talented roster with multiple players with Division 1 offers and have the capability to beat anyone in the state. Green Hope is looking to bounce back after the heartbreaking loss to PC. For Sanderson, there season ends on Friday win or lose. But for Green Hope, a win could help solidify their spot in the playoffs. I would expect a very high scoring output by the Falcons led by Senior Willie Taylor who does not want his Green Hope Career to come to an end with a loss. An interesting part about this game is that for the Green Hope upperclassmen, the head varsity coach their Freshman and Sophomore years, Kwame Dixon, is now an assistant coach at Sanderson. Along with Dixon, other former Green Hope assistants are now at Sanderson including offensive line coach Pleasants. The game is a battle of the old Green Hope coaching staff verse the new. Although the game is out of conference, the teams know each other very well and there is a lot on the line. For falcon fans headed to the game on Friday, kickoff is at 7 p.m. and the theme is a falcon frenzy so wear all of your Green Gear and cheer on the Falcons!

PJ Fenton, Staff Writer

PJ Fenton is a senior at Green Hope High School. He also plays basketball for Green Hope, and his position is small forward. PJ was born in Massachusetts, and moved to Cary at the age of 3. He has two brothers, one of which is a senior in college and the other is in the Navy. In the future, he wants to major in business, specifically management. Eventually, he wants to become a big time entrepreneur, and open several businesses. On top of playing sports, PJ is also a member of NHS and DECA. His hobbies include playing basketball with friends at Carpenter Park.