Gymnastics Dominates the State

Kohl Abrams, Sports Writer

Last Saturday, November 3rd, the Green Hope Falcons Gymnastics team traveled to the Raleigh School of Gymnastics to compete in the small group State Championship. The team came in with a ton of confidence, and with nearly 30 teams there, ranging from Wilmington to Charlotte, the stage was set for the Falcons.

The team as a whole had a tremendous showing, winning the small group division championship, posting a total score of 116.1. They beat out Jordan and Fuquay by a slim margin, each of them scoring a total of 111.95 points. Not only did the Falcons bring home the team championship, but they also won 3 other individual championships. Sophomore Emily Mueller won the Beam Championship, the Floor Championship, and also won the All-Around Championship. Freshman Hattie Ayscue also placed 2nd in the Beam and 3rd in the All-Around.

The gymnastics championship marks the 3rd State Championship this fall (Volleyball, Tennis) for the falcons, along with a second (Men’s Cross Country) and third (Women’s Golf) place finish. The gymnastics team is very young, and they will be looking to defend their title and go for the repeat next year.

Kohl Abrams, Senior Staff Writer

Kohl Abrams is a senior, who is on his second year at the Falcon. He is looking forward to making a great sports section for the Falcon, and showing the whole school his work. Kohl is on the Varsity baseball team for Green Hope, and he plays travel baseball outside of school. He also works at the YMCA. He says his favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, because he can enjoy football, good food, and family time. His favorite place is the beach, and he enjoys going in the water. That being said, he doesn’t like the sand. Kohl’s favorite animal is a monkey, because they make cool sounds and they get to climb around all day. If he could only have one pet, he would have to have a monkey. He took this class again because he really enjoyed last year, and he values the relationships made in this class.