Announcements 11/7

Daily Fun Fact: Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.

FALCON FORTUNES

Media Center: Need help with research, writing, and citations? Visit the Research Help Desk in the Media Center before and after school, during lunch, or anytime with a pass, and ask a librarian for help. Link to Research Help Desk poster: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UHp0hqvSRikUk3za43B4B1WpthE8YoJE/view?usp=sharing

Club announcements

DECA: Just a few reminders: Workshops are this Thursday, November 8th! First and second-year members are required to attend. Testing is next week after school on Tuesday and Wednesdays; please show up on your assigned day. Lastly, make sure to order a GH DECA T-Shirt for this year (https://bit.ly/2RgrDnB). Last day to order is November 17th!

Magic club: Do you want to become a star at a party? Do you want to impress your friends? Come and join the Magic club. The magic club is a place for students who like magic or interest in magic to meet up and talk. The club not only let students interested in magic to meet up but also teaches magic tricks for students who are interested. Magic club’s first meeting is located in room 214 at 2:30 on November 14th. Come and join the club. I promise you won’t forget the experience. Come and join us!!!!!!

Book Club: Love to read and talk about books? Come join GHHS Book Club to hear other students’ recommendations and share your favorite reads every other Monday during lunch in the Media Center.

Mock Trial Society: The 2018-2019 NCAJ Mock Trial competition season is starting up again. If you would like more info on the tryout process, email schaturvedi@students.wcpss.net.

The Quiet Society (club): Green Hope is a massive school with so many individuals that have different backgrounds and cultures. However, regardless of the diversity Green Hope strives to create leaders that can benefit the community in years to come. Sadly, in our culture being outgoing and gregarious (all keen traits of a stereotyped leader) is regarded highly of, this could be uncomfortable, even disheartening, to a reserved student. Many of our peers fear stepping out of their comfort zone, as well as leaving a mark in our school and community in a broader spectrum. In TQS, (The Quiet Society) our goal is to help our fellow introverts be able to have a support group. TQS strives to make our peers realize that they can bring extraordinary talents into the world! We meet every Wednesday during the first half of lunch in Mrs. Harris’s classroom, located in mod one room four.

Speech and Debate: Every Tuesday 1st half in rm 3306 the most inviting, stimulating, and interesting club meets. That’s Speech and Debate!!! We welcome everyone even if you’ve never been to a meeting before. No application needed!! We debate and talk about a lot of different topics including political, school-related, new related, or just silly ones. Remember Tuesday’s first half in rm 3306. Come join us!!!

Mock Congress: Are you interested in politics? Do you want to pursue a career in government? Then join Mock Congress! Members of Mock Congress debate controversial issues, propose bills, and vote on legislation. The Interest Meeting is Thursday, November 8th, Second Half of Lunch in Mod-4 Room-4.

Naturalist Club (not yet made, needs members): Explore Nature with the Naturalist Club! In this club, we will explore the Green Hope wetland, photograph interesting wildlife, and submit pictures to the iNaturalist citizen science project! Meetings will be after school on the third Friday of every month. To join, sign your name on one of the sign-up sheets posted on the boards in Rooms M3-04, M3-07, 200, 316, 3304, or 3322. For further questions, contact Ashwin Srinivasan at amsrinivasan@students.wcpss.net.

Ultimate Frisbee: Green Hope girls’ ultimate frisbee team is looking for girls who want to try the fun sport of ultimate frisbee! Absolutely no experience is necessary to play with us. We practice 1-2 times a week, in addition to playing in games and tournaments. Email tomcaptains@googlegroups.com if you’re interested in more information.

Tutoring Club: Anyone who wants to be tutored or be a tutor can sign up at https://sites.google.com/site/ghtutoringclub/