When should you REALLY celebrate Halloween?

Claire Melton, Senior Staff Writer

Now that the spooky season has come to an end, the students at our school are getting more and more excited for the rest of the holiday season. However, some students may still be celebrating Halloween this weekend because it fell in the middle of the week. By taking away Halloween’s day off from school, many students have been celebrating since the weekend before because they didn’t know when they should. Kiera Kofkin-Hansen, a Sophomore, celebrated halloween the weekend before. She said, “I chose to celebrate the weekend before because halloween is a holiday celebrating the end of October and you can’t celebrate a day of October in November.” While the other Kofkin-Hansen sister, Shea, a Senior, chose to celebrate the holiday on the actual day. “I celebrated Halloween on the day because that’s the holiday. I mean you don’t celebrate Christmas on the 20th because you are busy on the 25th.” These are two valid reasons, but some people will celebrate this holiday even after it has happened. “I am celebrating Halloween the weekend after because I was busy on the actual day.” Tasman Tunstall, a Sophomore, gave us this quote. There are many reason why people have been celebrating this holiday on different days and I hope everyone has a spooky time!

About the Contributor
Claire Melton, Senior Staff Writer

Claire Melton, who would describe herself as “really rad” is a senior at Green Hope. She is joining The Falcon once again this year after being part of the staff last year. This summer she traveled to the beach, mountains, and Michigan. In her free time she likes to hang out with friends. Her favorite color is yellow and her favorite animal is a sloth. If she could go anywhere on vacation it would be Venice. Her biggest fear is thunderstorms. For her last year of high school, she is looking forward to graduating.