A Cinderella Story Movie Review

WikiCommons

WikiCommons

Anna Dunn, Staff Writer

Although some to think the end of Halloween means Christmas, the spooky season is still in the air.  While everyone focuses on the horror movies and the thrillers, they all conveniently forget about the movie with the greatest Halloween party scene: A Cinderella Story.  Austin, played by Chad Michael Murray is waiting on the dance floor and Sam, played by Hilary Duff, enters the room in her fabulous princess dress making her stepsisters and the token mean girl insanely jealous.  Sam sweeps down the staircase and meets him on the dance floor. They start falling in love on this incredible night, until Sam realizes she has to be home so she runs off. The next day at school Austin is frantic to find her; he puts his all into finding out who she is and when he finally does, they live happily ever after at their dream college.  

This is an updated version of the classic fairy tale, Cinderella, and it changes a few little details.  Sam, the main character, leaves her phone behind the night of a party instead of a shoe, and she has a secret “pen pal” who she chats on the computer with, and she works at her stepmother’s diner, not their mansion.  These modernizations make the movie easier to relate to and easier to imagine yourself as Sam (or Austin). I highly recommend giving this movie a watch, during Halloween season or anytime.

Anna Dunn, Staff Writer

Anna is a Junior and she is on the lacrosse team. She is funny but quiet and her favorite color is green. Anna likes to travel. She visited Argentina and Uruguay this past summer. She is also in the process of getting her Irish citizenship. Her favorite season is fall because the weather is nice and the trees look pretty.  Rocky, is the name of her dog which was named after The Rock, but she doesn’t like him very much.

She enjoys eating chocolate ice cream and her favorite subject is Spanish.