Falcon Fortunes November

Amelia Mendes, Staff Writer

Aries (March 21-April 19): It’s going to be alright, Aries. At the beginning of this month, you may be facing withdrawal symptoms as a result of recent changes in your life that involve close relationships. These changes could have resulted from a breakup, a falling out with a friend, or a disagreement with a family member. Have no fear. Towards the middle of this month, your mood will improve as Mars moves out of Leo. Spread your happy attitude to those around you and it will prove to be to your benefit next month.

Taurus (April 20-May 20): Halloween has changed you, Taurus. Your new carefree and happy attitude will attract someone of interest towards the beginning of this month. Be open, but don’t rush into anything you’ll regret later. Having fun doesn’t mean not being smart. Towards the end of the month, you will fall into a slump as the mornings grow colder. Try to fight this funk by looking forward to the holidays and remembering that winter vacation isn’t as far away as it appears.

Gemini (May 21-June 20): Calm down, Gemini. Certain areas of your life may soon have tensions running high. Keep a cool head and remain loyal to those you care about, while simultaneously remaining loyal to yourself. Towards the middle of the month, your tendency to be a “people pleaser” will prove to not be to your advantage. Focus on being honest with those around you and not allowing yourself to be walked on by others. If you stay true to yourself and keep your priorities in check, by the end of the month, you will be surrounded by your true friends and will be prepared to face whatever challenges lie ahead.

Cancer (June 21-July 22): Life’s going pretty good, Cancer. Towards the beginning of the month you will enjoy new friendships/relationships while also treasuring older ones. Strengthen these bonds with friends and family now. During the later half of the month, you will face trials during which these relationships will become your main support system. These trials may involve certain areas of your life (that you would prefer to keep separate) coming together. When worlds collide, they either crash and burn into one another or work out in a way that you wouldn’t have thought possible. Brace for impact and hope for the best.

Leo (July 23-August 22): Lately, Leo, you’ve been on a bit of an adrenaline rush. Whether or not this is a result of being on a sugar high from Halloween or from just being in a great state of mind is uncertain, but, fortunately, it looks like it will carry you through midterms. Towards the end of the month, your energy might mellow out. This may be disconcerting at first, but don’t worry. There’s nothing wrong with taking things slow. Ride this calm wave right into the holidays and it will help you center yourself and your life in a way that will ensure long enduring happiness.

Virgo (August 23-September 22): Towards the beginning of this month you may be feeling insecure regarding certain relationships in your life. Don’t be inclined to blindly place blame on others in order to deter the situation away from yourself. If you’ve recently wronged someone, whether it be a friend or a foe, apologize. Thanksgiving is not only a time of giving thanks, but also of being forgiving. If you apologize to this person, it will prove beneficial, as you may be in need of their assistance in the upcoming future.

Libra (September 23-October 22): Live life to the fullest, Libra! With Venus going into retrograde you may find yourself with more time on your hands this month, beginning with the end of daylight savings time. Carpe diem! Enjoy life, enjoy youth, and most importantly, enjoy the extra hour of sleep! This month, time will be on your side! Seize the opportunity! Consider taking up a new hobby with friends, spend some quality time with loved ones, or maybe focus on yourself a little bit and treat yourself to some long awaited pampering.

Scorpio (October 23-November 21): You will have a lot to be thankful for this month, Scorpio. Towards the beginning of this month, you will run into an old friend or love interest who hasn’t crossed your mind in quite some time. Catch up with them and it will lead to good things. During the later half of the month, you will realize how much a person in your life means to you. You will then treasure your precious relationship/friendship with them. Don’t hesitate to communicate to this someone how much they matter to you. It will be exactly what they need to hear.

Sagittarius (November 22-December 21): Towards the beginning of this month, someone of whom you previously did not pay any real attention to will suddenly hold importance in your life. Whether or not they will be a positive or negative influence is uncertain, but your relationship with them will help you grow as a person. During the later half of the month, you will crave change. Change is like a double sided sword. If you are intent on changing an aspect of your life, try your best to change it for the better. If you sense any possible negative repercussions, refrain from any drastic choices.

Capricorn (December 22-January 19): You’ve recently experienced an epiphany regarding the direction in which your life is headed. Towards the beginning of the month, you should reflect on whether or not this direction is what you truly want. Is it just the easiest road to travel? Maybe it’s what most of your peers are planning. Either way, don’t commit yourself to something that you are not truly passionate about. Life shouldn’t be wasted on things that bring no real happiness. Although it may satisfy the short term, the long term is not as far off as it seems.

Aquarius (January 20 to February 18): It’s going to alright, Aries. Lately your social life is suddenly being filled with new problems that you previously wouldn’t have anticipated. Be a rock for those around you and you will withstand the storm. You may find yourself looking for new people to associate yourself with. This is natural, but don’t give up on old friendships. Making new friends is great, but they shouldn’t ever be a replacement for old friends. Towards the middle of the month, the storm will pass and the sun will come out. After that, things will be smooth sailing.

Pisces (February 19 to March 20): Pick yourself up, Pisces. Like Aries, the beginning of this month may be a little trying for you. Don’t worry about it. By mid November, you will be back on your feet and ready for Thanksgiving. Towards the end of the month, you will find yourself bothered by small annoyances. Don’t let these little inconveniences influence your interactions with other people. Refrain from overthinking. Being communicative and receptive is important, but over analyzing gets you nowhere and is exhausting. Don’t read too much into conversations. Trust that those around you will be honest with you if something’s on their minds.

About the Contributor
Amelia Mendes, Staff Writer

Amelia Allende Mendes is a junior at Green Hope this year.  She moved here four years ago from Miami Beach in Florida, but her favorite place in the world to visit is Costa Rica, because her grandmother’s used to be there.  Her favorite subject in school is drama, and she hopes to eventually receive a bachelors degree in fine arts from Fordham University.  She joined The Falcon this year because she feels that journalism is a great medium to express yourself and write about issues that are relevant to your peers.