Pink Ribbon Club Round Two

Shea

Shea

Kiera Kofkin-Hansen, Staff Writer

The first year of high school comes with many changes. One freshman at Green Hope, Ava Jeffs, has decided to try to change not only her school experience, but others at Green Hope. Ava’s had many older siblings come through Green Hope, and her sister was a part of a club that really stuck with Ava. Ava’s sister was the president of The Pink Ribbon Club her senior year and Ava always dreamt of joining it before it kind of faded out of our school.

Ava talked about her family being affected by breast cancer, and The Pink Ribbon Club is a club she’s hoping will be laid back and fun to join, however raise awareness and money for women struggling with this disease. She’s already started the club up and had the first interest meeting last Friday with around 25 freshmen and sophomores in attendance. She said, “I’d like to be president if I can be but I also understand that I am a freshman and don’t want to be dictating over all these older people so I’m open to help or to share the position.” Ms. Weeks, an english teacher who was the advisor for the club when it was at Green Hope a couple years ago, has volunteered her room and to help Ava get the club up and running again.

Ava’s hope for the club is for people to have fun while raising awareness for Breast Cancer, and after seeing all the hard work she’s done to organize her club and bring people to join it. Hopefully “The Pink Ribbon” will be a very successful club under Ava’s leadership and Ms. Weeks guidance.

Kiera Kofkin-Hansen, Staff Writer

Kiera Kofkin-Hansen is a sophomore, and this is her first year taking Falcon News Feed. She took this class because she enjoys writing and English, and her sister, Shea, liked the class and recommended it. Kiera is excited for sophomore year because she now knows her way around Green Hope but has not yet reached the dreaded junior year. Outside of school, Kiera spends her time playing lacrosse or being involved in the National Charity League with her mom. She loves tacos and pigs, and is still trying to convince her parents to get her a teacup pig!  While at school, her favorite subjects are English and History. This summer, Kiera went to the beach with friends and had fun traveling to California. She is from a city in Australia and says Cary is much hotter. Watching the movie Clueless has inspired Kiera to be a lawyer in the future, and she would love to live in a big city!