Senior Sabotage

Shea Kofkin-Hansen, Social Media Director

It’s a Green Hope tradition for the entire school to dress in different themes each day, the week before the important Homecoming Football game and Sadies dance.  This year, student council brainstormed and advertised the themes for the spirit week, and something seemed too familiar. The themes were the same old “Pajama Day” and “Hawaiian Day” that GH had participated in the previous years and a few seniors called for change.  

A group of seniors brainstormed for a couple of days and had the student body also input their opinion to decide on what the ‘Senior Sabotage’ spirit week would consist of. Despite that the regular Student Council spirit week was going on, we were going to have any student (aimed primarily at the senior class) participate in our more original, out-of-the-box themes.  We concluded that Monday would be “Matching Day”, Tuesday as “80’s/90’s Day”, Wednesday as “Tennis Moms & BBQ Dads, Thursday as “Jersey Day”, and Friday as the classic “Falcon Friday”. So far, the spirit week has been a success. The confusing sight of BBQ Dads and retro looking track-suit wearers roaming the halls has certainly been one to remember. Here’s to an awesome senior class!! Class of 2019 for the win!

Australian-native Shea Kofkin-Hansen is a senior and third-year staff member of The Falcon.
Kofkin-Hansen mainly serves as The Falcon’s Social Media Liaison, but her drive and outgoing
nature has led her to do so much more within the Green Hope community and beyond. She has
created many videos for The Falcon that has gone viral, and she was partly responsible for
orchestrating Green Hope’s Student Walkout event in March of 2018. While journalism and
media coverage is a passion of hers, she also maintains two jobs outside of school, travels, and
is an active member in of Green Hope’s cross country team and theater program.