Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson Call off Engagement

Kaia Patel, Staff Writer

Singer Ariana Grande and SNL performer Pete Davidson’s blissful romance has come to an end. After only a few weeks of dating, the pair got engaged in June, spawning gossip and speculation about their hasty relationship throughout the summer.

Grande and Davidson began dating after Grande broke up with late rapper Mac Miller. The then-happy couple expressed their feelings on social media, through Instagram posts, comments, and tweets. At one point in an interview, Davidson said, “I’m the luckiest guy in the world.” As of their break up, Grande has taken a hiatus from social media.

On SNL’s weekend update segment, Pete Davidson talked about Ariana Grande, saying, “Like, if we break up, and we won’t– we will– but we won’t. I’m kidding. But in 10 years if, God forbid, that ever happened, there will be a song called ‘Pete Davidson’ playing at speakers in K-Mart and I’ll be working there.” Obviously, it’s now a very awkward quote about their relationship.

During their short-term relationship, the couple got many matching tattoos. Recent photos of Davidson and Grande show that Davidson has had his matching bunny ears tattoo with Grande turn to a heart. Grande has similarly hidden her “Pete Davidson” finger tattoo with a band-aid, with her 3-carat, $93,000 engagement ring.

Who knows how long their split will last? The couple seemed very serious about each other, and there are speculations that their split was due to emotional issues that Grande was going through after Mac Miller’s death. Perhaps sometime in the near future they will get back together, but for now it seems that “Grandson” is “done, son.”

Kaia Patel, Opinion Editor

Meet Kaia Patel. Kaia is a Junior this year. Over summer break she went to New York for
some sightseeing and time with family. She currently runs cross country for the school. When
she is not running, she is usually pretty occupied with her siblings, watching The Office, or
maybe listening to some T. Swift. Her favorite color is light green and she also loves to write for
fun, which is why she decided to join The Falcon. Kaia’s hope for this school year is to simply just
survive her junior year and also make it a good one!