Soccer Senior Night

Patrick Dunn, Sports Writer

On Wednesday, October 17th the Green Hope Falcons will host the Riverside Pirates. The Falcons, who are 5-0 in conference look to extend their unbeaten streak against the 1-6 Pirates. The Tri-6 matchup takes place on senior night, and recognition starts at 5:40.

On offense the Falcons are lead by seniors Evan Ward, Dylan Enseling, Alex Penel, and Ian Klevans.

Evan Ward has played on varsity for two years. He leads the team in assists this year with 10. Ward has also scored two goals of his own this season.

Dylan Enseling, who leads the team in goals with 9, has played on varsity for 3 years. Enseling was a part of the state championship squad in 2016. Dylan is fourth in the conference with 24 points this year.

Alex Penel has been a member of Green Hope soccer for 4 years. Penel has scored 8 goals this year. In addition to playing striker for the soccer team, Alex kicks for the football team.

Ian Klevans plays striker for the Falcons. Klevans has played with the program for 4 years and spent the last two years on the varsity squad.

The midfield is led by seniors Jake Giacona, Colin O’Brien, Danny Cho, and Jeff Kulp Jr.

Jake Giacona has been a part of the Green Hope Soccer program for four years. The Meatball has scored one goal this year and also has two assists.

Captain Colin O’Brien has been on varsity for 3 years and helped the 2016 team win the state championship. Colin has scored 3 times this season.

Danny Cho, a fan favorite, has been a part of the program for 2 years since moving from New Jersey. This season Cho has 3 assists and one goal.

Jeff Kulp Jr. has played on varsity for the past 2 years, since moving from West Virginia. Kulp scored a 40 yard free kick this season.

The Falcons back line is led by Patrick O’Neil, Josh Mohes, and Spencer Galloway.

Patrick O’Neil has played varsity for 3 years, winning a state championship in 2016. Last season, Paddy earned All-State recognition, and this year he has been named to the All-American watchlist.

Josh Mohes is another 3 year varsity member with a state championship ring. Mohes has 3 assists this season.

Spencer Galloway has played with the school for four years, spending the last two on varsity. Galloway has scored once this year.

In goal is Matt Hayes, a two year varsity starter. This year Matt has only given up 9 goals, which is the lowest in the Tri-6.

Patrick Dunn, Staff Writer

Patrick Dunn, a native North Carolinian, is a staff member of Falcon News Feed. Patrick is a senior and represents Green Hope by running on the cross country team and playing defense on the lacrosse team. Last year Patrick helped the lacrosse team win a Conference Championship by protecting the goal and not allowing his weaker opponents to score. Still undecided on what he wants to study, Patrick would like to go to UNC and after college, he would rather stay in the south. Outside of school and sports, Patrick likes to play the guitar or relax with a bowl of penne vodka watching Breaking Bad.