Tennis vs. Broughton Playoff Preview

Kohl Abrams, Sports Writer

Today marks the start of the team state playoffs for the undefeated Women’s tennis team. The Women’s state Championship is a predetermined bracket, and Green Hope earned the number 1 seed coming out of the Tri-6, and will take on Broughton at the Cary Tennis Park. The team faced Broughton earlier this year, winning the match 7-2. Broughton served as one of the tougher teams this year for the Falcons, being one of the 3 teams that won 2 or more matches against them. If the Falcons win their round one matchup, they would go on to face either Richmond or Apex Friendship. The team’s toughest competition would come in the eastern conference finals, coming in the form of Cardinal Gibbons or undefeated Hoggard. The road to defending the State Championship starts today and the girls have been preparing all year for this. Come out to the Cary Tennis Park and support your Falcons!

Kohl Abrams, Senior Staff Writer

Kohl Abrams is a senior, who is on his second year at the Falcon. He is looking forward to making a great sports section for the Falcon, and showing the whole school his work. Kohl is on the Varsity baseball team for Green Hope, and he plays travel baseball outside of school. He also works at the YMCA. He says his favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, because he can enjoy football, good food, and family time. His favorite place is the beach, and he enjoys going in the water. That being said, he doesn’t like the sand. Kohl’s favorite animal is a monkey, because they make cool sounds and they get to climb around all day. If he could only have one pet, he would have to have a monkey. He took this class again because he really enjoyed last year, and he values the relationships made in this class.