Volleyball Sweeps Panther Creek

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

On Tuesday, the 16th of October, the Green Hope Volleyball team traveled to Panther Creek for a huge Fight For 55 match. This was the second meeting between the two teams and this time, the conference title was on the line. Being Senior Night for the Catamounts, the game was one of high intensity and excitement. The Falcons were able to walk into Panther Creek and leave with a 3-0 sweep and another Fight For 55 point.

Before the game, Panther Creek recognized the seniors of the Green Hope team due to technical issues on the Falcons senior night. After the Green Hope seniors were recognized, the Catamounts had their own celebration for the team’s seniors. Then the game began with a strong push from Panther Creek, taking a huge lead for the majority of the first set. Green Hope then showed why they are back-to-back state champions, coming back from a 9-4 deficit to claim the first set.

The following sets were dominated by Green Hope, cruising to the end of the game. By the beginning of the third set, the Panther Creek student section was down to nearly 50% of the size which began the game. The team received their second Fight For 55 point of the season and the conference title. Green Hope finishes the regular season on Thursday at Jordan!

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun, he’s come to take it again. This year he’s looking forward to being the chicken mini mile champion for the second time. “I don’t think anyone in this class can compete this year and I think it’s an easy year. I’ve been working on my quick eating skills.” Outside of school, he runs Varsity XC and Indoor/Outdoor track. His favorite subject is math- he’s a big fan of calculus. His favorite animal is his dog Millie, whom he calls a “goober.” The Fourth of July is his favorite holiday where he gets to spend the day out and really show how patriotic he is. His favorite place in the world is Camp Cheerio, where he spent the summer. His dad inspires him the most, “he works really hard and tries to do the best for my family.”