Finding the Perfect Fit: Halloween Edition

Kiera Kofkin-Hansen, Staff Writer

It’s spooky season! A favorite time of year for many people, Halloween is filled with scary movies, fun costumes, pumpkin spice and friends. Even though due to Hurricane Florence we have school on Halloween this year, that doesn’t mean there can’t still be a reason to dress to the occasion. Whether you and your friends found time for a party, or are just going to hassle your neighbors for candy by trick or treating, spooky season still needs a great costume that’s scarier than all the others.

A classic costume idea with a friend is angel and devil. One person just wears red and black, with devil horns and the optional pitchfork. The angel just needs all white, and a halo and wings to add to angelic effect. Another basic but easy to make costume idea is the vampire or “bloody person.” With just a white shirt and red paint you can easily make a cute halloween costume that will be unique to your style. Grab your white shirt, cut it up and splash paint on it for your outfit, and then draw with red face paint or eye liner “blood” on your face and body to have spooky makeup for the night.

Probably the easiest costume to wear is dressing in a sports jersey and going as an athlete. A lot of people have basketball, football, hockey, baseball or any other type of athletic jersey to wear and there you have a simple halloween costume.

Halloween costumes are super fun and easy, and there’s no need for them to be a stress at all, (probably the least stressful thing about Halloweekend is it also being homecoming weekend.) No matter what your plans are, a costume adds to the festivities and is a must. With so many ways to dress up, there is no excuse to not look your spookiest this October.

Kiera Kofkin-Hansen, Staff Writer

Kiera Kofkin-Hansen is a sophomore, and this is her first year taking Falcon News Feed. She took this class because she enjoys writing and English, and her sister, Shea, liked the class and recommended it. Kiera is excited for sophomore year because she now knows her way around Green Hope but has not yet reached the dreaded junior year. Outside of school, Kiera spends her time playing lacrosse or being involved in the National Charity League with her mom. She loves tacos and pigs, and is still trying to convince her parents to get her a teacup pig!  While at school, her favorite subjects are English and History. This summer, Kiera went to the beach with friends and had fun traveling to California. She is from a city in Australia and says Cary is much hotter. Watching the movie Clueless has inspired Kiera to be a lawyer in the future, and she would love to live in a big city!