Weekly Wrap-Up 10/7-10/13

Last week, Hurricane Michael ravaged through the east coast. This resulted in Wake County Public Schools cancelling both Thursday and Friday. Despite the many cancellations and postponements, let us review how the Falcons performed last week.

Soccer: The Men’s soccer team picked up a Fight For 55 point last Monday with a 3-0 win over Panther Creek. Their other match for the week against Cary was postponed. The team plays tonight (10/15) against Athens Drive at home.

Football: The football team was scheduled to face off against Athens Drive last Friday. Due to Michael, the game was postponed to tonight (10/15). Also, the team plays at Riverside on Friday.

Volleyball: The volleyball team played Riverside last week and swept the Pirates 3-0. This continued their perfect record in the Tri-6. Their next match is tonight (10/15) against Apex Friendship and is Senior Night!

Golf: After a week of no competition, the Women’s golf team traveled to Pinehurst this morning to take part in the NCHSAA Regional Tournament.

Tennis: The tennis team took part in the Tri-6 championship for singles and doubles. The doubles pair of Anna Rico and Sophia Gray won the tournament. The team now looks ahead to the singles/doubles regionals and the team playoffs.

Cross Country: The cross country team is battling for two Fight For 55 points today at the Tri-6 Championships at WakeMed Soccer Park. Both teams are looking for solid performances to give them momentum heading into the postseason.

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun, he’s come to take it again. This year he’s looking forward to being the chicken mini mile champion for the second time. “I don’t think anyone in this class can compete this year and I think it’s an easy year. I’ve been working on my quick eating skills.” Outside of school, he runs Varsity XC and Indoor/Outdoor track. His favorite subject is math- he’s a big fan of calculus. His favorite animal is his dog Millie, whom he calls a “goober.” The Fourth of July is his favorite holiday where he gets to spend the day out and really show how patriotic he is. His favorite place in the world is Camp Cheerio, where he spent the summer. His dad inspires him the most, “he works really hard and tries to do the best for my family.”