Announcements 10/10

Daily Fun Fact: Coca-Cola was originally green.

FALCON FORTUNES

PSAT SCHEDULE: 

1st- 7:25~8:47

2nd- 8:53~10:15

3rd- 10:21~11:45

Lunch- 11:45~12:40

4th- 12:46~2:18

Career Development: Videography On Thursday, October 11th during A lunch in the Auditorium, students are invited to attend a Career Conversation on Videography. Videographer Matt Merry, of Dogwood Media (http://www.dogwood.media/) will speak to Green Hope students about his career. All students are invited to attend. Students can earn one tutorial credit by attending and signing in. Questions should be directed to Ms. Barone in room 2203.

Career Development: Are you thinking about a career in Architecture, Construction Management or Engineering? If so, you may want to participate in the ACE Mentor program, a multi-month mentor program in which students work in teams with professionals from the fields. To learn more, and possibly apply, visit this website: http://www.acerdu.org/enroll/. The deadline to apply is 10/31/18, but slots fill up, so apply soon! See Ms. Barone in 2203 with questions.

Student Services: Thurs. Oct. 11 Harvey Mudd College 8 am Furman Univ. 9 am Univ. of Notre Dame 1 pm Friday Oct. 12 Meredith College 8 am UNC Greensboro 9 am

Career Development: Career-Related Remind Group Students are invited to join Ms. Barone’s Remind group to receive text notices about the following: – Career Conversations – Career Events – Internships – Summer Programs – Leadership Opportunities – Part Time Jobs To get reminders, complete one of the following: •Text @9k3ce to the number 81010 •Or via internet: go to rmd.at/9k3ce •Or on your phone’s web browser type in rmd.at/9k3ce See Ms. Barone in room 2203 with any questions.

Fellowship of Christian Athletes: We meet Friday’s second half of lunch in mod 4 room 2

Club announcements

GH National English Honor Society: Hello, Green Hope High Students! If you want college essay help and/or review, please take advantage of the expertise of the members of the GH National English Honor Society! Sign up on these dates, 10/23, 10/30, and 11/06 during lunch in the media center (back tables near non-fiction) to receive help, and if you cannot attend one of these dates, then you can contact me at greenhopenehs@gmail.com for more help at a personalized time with one of out members! Thank you, and good luck with your college applications! Sign up here!: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090E4BADA722A7F58 -college – Pauline Etchi, GH NEHS President

A Cappella Club: Do you have a love for singing? Are you even the slightest bit interested in singing? If you are, come to the A Cappella Club Interest Meeting in Room 608 (Chorus Room) on Thursday, October 11th during both halves of lunch! In this meeting, we will be discussing what we will be doing in the club, the audition process, membership requirements, etc. Happy singing!

Asian American Student Association: Your Opinions, Your Heritage, Your Identity — join Green Hope Asian American Student Association to be part of a diverse community learning about the culture, listen to the struggles of prominent API figures, have the opportunity to teach others about your background, volunteer, and much more. Fill out this form to receive email updates (and the interest meeting announcement): https://goo.gl/forms/T9r3p4JUJrs8O7HD3.

Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA): FBLA monthly meeting on October 15th, the first half of lunch in the auditorium for members only. Questions? Visit our website https://ghhsfbla.weebly.com/, join our remind @2c34h, follow us on twitter @GreenHopeFBLA, and email us at greenhopeFBLA@gmail.com for more information.

Pink Ribbon Club: We are bringing back the Pink Ribbon Club to green hope this year! Pink Ribbon is a club dedicated to raising money and awareness for the people all over the world that are affected by breast cancer. We will be doing service projects and fundraisers throughout the school year. It is a fun way to hang out with friends and support a great cause. The interest meeting for Pink Ribbon will be on October 26th in room 3318 during lunch. Anyone is welcome to join and everyone will be accepted! Bring all your friends!

Chinese Club: Are you interested in China and its culture? Do you want to play games and participate in fun activities to learn more about the language? Come join us in Rm 318 on 10/15 during A lunch. No previous experience is needed.

Brown Bag of Hope: We will be doing the winter coat drive, accepting gently used winter coats for adults, teen and kids. You can find the boxes to donate in the commons in front of the office. It will be ending on October 19th. Please Donate!!!!

Rubik’s Cubists: Are you fascinated with Rubik’s Cubes? Would you like to learn how to solve one or have some time to advance your skills? If so, the Rubik’s Cubists is just for you! The interest meeting will take place on Wednesday, October 17th during “B” lunch in M1-R8. All students, regardless of cubing experience, are welcome to attend. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at ghhsrubikscubists@gmail.com

History & Geography Club: Let’s Make History and Put GHHS on the Map! 1. Club Meetings: Every Thursday BOTH halves of lunch in Mod 2-1. 2. If you have questions, contact Rohan Rajesh: rrajesh@students.wcpss.net 3. Website: https://ghhshistorygeography.weebly.com

JROTC club: If anyone is interested in doing ROTC when they are in college, the JROTC club is for you! this club has not been approved yet and members are needed! If anyone is interested, email me (Jennifer Caputo) at jecaputo@students.wcpss.net!

Naturalist Club (not yet made, needs members): Explore Nature with the Naturalist Club! In this club, we will explore the Green Hope wetland, photograph interesting wildlife, and submit pictures to the iNaturalist citizen science project! Meetings will be after school on the third Friday of every month. To join, sign your name on one of the sign-up sheets posted on the boards in Rooms M3-04, M3-07, 200, 316, 3304, or 3322. For further questions, contact Ashwin Srinivasan at amsrinivasan@students.wcpss.net.

Ultimate Frisbee: Green Hope girls’ ultimate frisbee team is looking for girls who want to try the fun sport of ultimate frisbee! Absolutely no experience is necessary to play with us. We practice 1-2 times a week, in addition to playing in games and tournaments. Email tomcaptains@googlegroups.com if you’re interested in more information.

Tutoring Club: Anyone who wants to be tutored or be a tutor can sign up at https://sites.google.com/site/ghtutoringclub/