Student of the Month: Antonia Meneses Gomez

Antonia+Meneses-Gomez
Antonia Meneses-Gomez

Antonia Meneses-Gomez

Julia Agius

Julia Agius

Antonia Meneses-Gomez

Coral Aman, Copy Editor

The Green Hope Falcon’s own Antonia Meneses Gomez was selected as Student of the Month. After Hurricane Florence hit the coast of North Carolina, Antonia knew she wanted to help out. She had seen all the damage on the news and was heartbroken by the lives lost and homes and businesses that were destroyed. Antonia hopes to live in Wilmington in the future, and she has friends in that area who were affected by Florence. Antonia decided to organize a school-wide fundraiser to help those impacted by the storm, specifically the area of Wilmington. The fundraiser was named “We Wilm Rebuild.” She communicated with Mrs. Summers and other teachers at the school. Over the course of four days. Antonia created a video, flyers, and posters to spread the word about the fundraiser. She set up a donation drop off, where many Green Hope students donated supplies such as toilet paper, water, and canned foods. The fundraiser was very successful, as two trucks were filled with supplies. Antonia was surprised and happy with the results of the fundraiser and knows the supplies will benefit shelters and people in need.

About the Contributors
Coral Aman, Copy Editor

Coral is a senior this year and it’s her second year taking the Falcon News Feed class. When she’s not running in the Cross Country or Track seasons, Coral enjoys spending time at the beach and even says if she had to live anywhere outside of the United States it would probably be a tropical island somewhere. Christmas is one of the best times of the year according to Coral; decorating and putting up the tree is her favorite family tradition. Many seniors get anxious to leave Green Hope and Cary, and Coral is no exception. Although she’s a little scared to leave everything she’s ever known, this senior also can’t wait to meet new people and have new experiences; she’s just hoping she doesn’t get senioritis as graduation nears! In the future, Coral hopes to see herself working as an occupational therapist and helping others with basics everyday things, or participating in scientific research, which makes perfect sense seeing as science and math are her two favorite subjects in school.

Julia Agius, Senior Staff Writer

Julia Agius is a senior here at Green Hope High School with a love for dance and photography. Four years ago, her older brother helped create the original Falcon News Feed website and encouraged her to join. She has been here ever since. Although she is unsure about what she wants to do specifically, Julia is considering a future in the physiology field. She loves all genres of music except for country, which she hates, and would love to visit the island of Malta located off the coast of Sicily. Julia loves fried zucchini and currently works at Tropical Smoothie, although she plans on leaving very soon. She also advises everyone not to work there either.