Volleyball vs. Riverside Preview

Chris Hall, Sports Writer

On October 9th, the Falcons take on Riverside (2-15) in a conference matchup. The Falcons are looking to continue their unbeaten conference streak. The Falcons are 7-0, with victories over every conference opponent (Athens twice). On September 20th, Green Hope traveled to Riverside for their first meeting of the season. The Falcons put the Pirates down quickly by a score of 3-0. Grace Patrick, Priscilla Jones, and Annie Elvin led the attack for the falcons. Recording 13, 10 and 6 kills respectively. Sydney Dowler racked up 36 assists and both Alexis Engelbrecht and Priscilla Jones had two blocks.

Tonight’s matchup should be a repeat of the first Riverside vs Green Hope game. The Falcons should win comfortably. Junior Captain Sydney Dowler said, “We’re feeling confident going in having beaten them 3-0 last time.” Green Hope hasn’t lost to an in state opponent all year. Riverside has only beaten one team all year. They beat a 1-18 3A Southern Durham team twice. The Falcons look to get better and prepare to make a run at a third consecutive state championship. Be sure to come support your Lady Falcons tonight at 6:30 as they look to continue their undefeated (in-state) season.

Chris Hall, Staff Writer

Chris Hall is a senior and this is his first year writing for The Falcon. His favorite things to do in his freetime are play Basketball and Fortnite. His...