Soccer Claims Huge Fight for 55 Point

Patrick Dunn, Sports Writer

The Green Hope men’s soccer team won a huge match against Panther Creek Monday night. Green Hope athletics continues their unbeaten streak in the Fight for 55 competition this year.

The Falcons came out inspired, scoring two goals in the first half. Junior Martin De-Larminat opened the scoring for the Falcons with a header in the box. Dylan Enseling added another goal to the Falcon total late in the half. Green Hope carried that energy into the second half and kept the pressure on. 15 minutes into the second half, Panther Creek took a free kick just outside the box. Matt Hayes made an incredible save. The ball got moved up the field to Jake Giacona around midfield. Giacona passes across the field to Dylan Enseling who leads Colin O’Brien into the box for the third goal of the game. After this the Falcons were able to hold the Catamounts scoreless to finish the game 3-0.

Green Hope moves to 5-0 in the Tri-6 and claims sole possession of first place. The Catamounts fall to 4-1 and second in the conference. Green Hope’s next game is Wednesday, October 10th at Cary High. The Imps are 0-4 in conference play and the Falcons look to have another big game. Be sure to come out and support the boys as they continue their impressive season.

Patrick Dunn, Staff Writer

Patrick Dunn, a native North Carolinian, is a staff member of Falcon News Feed. Patrick is a senior and represents Green Hope by running on the cross country team and playing defense on the lacrosse team. Last year Patrick helped the lacrosse team win a Conference Championship by protecting the goal and not allowing his weaker opponents to score. Still undecided on what he wants to study, Patrick would like to go to UNC and after college, he would rather stay in the south. Outside of school and sports, Patrick likes to play the guitar or relax with a bowl of penne vodka watching Breaking Bad.