Soccer Prepares for PC

Back to Article
Back to Article

Soccer Prepares for PC

Patrick Dunn, Sports Writer

At 6:30 p.m. on October 8th, Green Hope will take on Panther Creek in a huge Tri-6 soccer match. The Falcons look to extend their 7 game winning streak against their crosstown rivals. The Falcons also hope to maintain their undefeated record in the Fight for 55 competition this year.

The Panther Creek Catamounts are 7-4-1 on the season after last Wednesday’s match against Athens Drive. The Catamounts’ goal differential this year is +5. They have scored 27 goals this season, and given up 22. Green Hope has a goal differential of +28, scoring 37 and letting in only 9.

Green Hope are led by Sam Durand, Dylan Enseling and Alex Penel who each have 8 goals this season. Davis Castellanos leads the Catamounts with 6 goals this season.

Senior Jeff Kulp has one goal on the season and says he feels, “like I could hit another 40 yard free kick tonight.” When asked what he’s looking for tonight, Kulp responded with, “A win. I feel like we let our fans down and we let last years seniors down with a 3-0 loss.” Kulp believes the Falcons’ season has gone well so far. “We have only had one loss and it helped us readjust because we thought we were better than we were. Hopefully we can keep our big win streak going tonight.”

Be sure to come support your Falcons tonight at 6:30 and wear white for the White Out theme!

Patrick Dunn, Staff Writer

Patrick Dunn, a native North Carolinian, is a staff member of Falcon News Feed. Patrick is a senior and represents Green Hope by running on the cross country...