Football Flies Past the Imps

PJ Fenton, Sports Writer

On Friday, October 5th, the Green Hope Falcons played host to the Cary Imps in the Annual Hall of Fame Game. The Imps got on the board first with a safety on Green Hope’s first offensive possession. But it didn’t take the Falcons long to strike back, a few possessions later Quarterback Willie Taylor led his offense down the field to an eventual Alex Penel field goal. The Green Hope Defense played great all night, led in tackling by Max McIntyre and Tyree Prichet, who had a huge interception in the second quarter. The takeaway by Pritchet gave the team a huge energy boost. Willie Taylor connecting to senior Justen Grant for a 72 yard touchdown, the longest of the season for any Green Hope player. Grant took the short slant pass of about 5 yards and simply out ran everyone for Cary. With the Falcons in the lead, they kept their foot down on defense by holding the Imps offense to only two scores on the night. With the game winding down in the fourth quarter, the Falcons had the ball on the Imps 20 yard line and needed a score to take control of the game. Taylor dropped back and found Grant again for a 20 yard touchdown. The performance of our defense and the speed of Grant proved too much for the Imps and Green Hope came out on top by a final score of 17-15. This was a huge win for the Falcons as they are now 1-0 in conference. This week’s game is against the Athens Drive Jaguars with a record of 2-5. The Falcons are looking to continue their undefeated record in conference play and become back-to-back Tri-6 champs.

PJ Fenton, Staff Writer

PJ Fenton is a senior at Green Hope High School. He also plays basketball for Green Hope, and his position is small forward. PJ was born in Massachusetts, and moved to Cary at the age of 3. He has two brothers, one of which is a senior in college and the other is in the Navy. In the future, he wants to major in business, specifically management. Eventually, he wants to become a big time entrepreneur, and open several businesses. On top of playing sports, PJ is also a member of NHS and DECA. His hobbies include playing basketball with friends at Carpenter Park.