GH vs. Cary Football Preview

PJ Fenton, Sports Writer

The Green Hope Falcons will be taking on the Cary Imps on Friday, October 5th. The crosstown matchup is the first game of conference play for both teams. Although non-conference games are important, they don’t compare to the importance of the 5 remaining conference game for the Falcons. Last year, Green ran through the conference with ease without dropping a single game. This year, the rest of the conference has greatly improved and teams like Cary are coming for the reigning conference champion Falcons. Cary comes into the game with a solid record of 3-3 with big wins over Hoke County, Holly Springs and Apex. Green Hope comes into the game off of their bye week with a chance to rest and prepare themselves for conference play. In their last outing, the Falcons beat Apex Friendship and had arguably their best performance of the season. The offense was looking good with big plays from Willie Taylor and Justen Grant and the Defense held the Patriots to only one score. This week you can expect an extremely good game between two evenly matched teams. To those planning on going to the game, make sure you show up early to beat the crowd and wear your most preppy outfit to be apart of the Frat out! The game begins at 7:00 pm.

PJ Fenton, Staff Writer

PJ Fenton is a senior at Green Hope High School. He also plays basketball for Green Hope, and his position is small forward. PJ was born in Massachusetts, and moved to Cary at the age of 3. He has two brothers, one of which is a senior in college and the other is in the Navy. In the future, he wants to major in business, specifically management. Eventually, he wants to become a big time entrepreneur, and open several businesses. On top of playing sports, PJ is also a member of NHS and DECA. His hobbies include playing basketball with friends at Carpenter Park.