Volleyball vs. Athens Preview

Patrick Dunn, Sports Writer

On October 4th, the Falcons take on Athens Drive in a conference matchup. The Falcons look to continue their unbeaten conference streak. The Falcons are 6-0, with victories over each team in the conference already. On September 18th, Green Hope traveled to Athens Drive for their first meeting of the season. The Falcons put the Jaguars down quickly by a score of 3-0. Grace Patrick, Priscilla Jones, Annie Elvin, Alexis Engelbrecht, and Mary Wasilak all individually had more kills than the entire Jaguars team combined. Grace Patrick leads Green Hope with 4 kills per set.

Tonight’s matchup should be a repeat of the first, with the Falcons coming in hot. Green Hope hasn’t lost since August 18th. Athens Drive last won a game on September 27th. The Jaguars defeated Riverside High for their first conference win of the season. Senior Erin Mcindoe says she is “Looking forward to a fun match tonight.” Getting better and running new offenses is at the top of her priority list. “I’m excited to get ready for playoffs and see what we can do this year.” Be sure to come support your Fighting Falcons tonight at 6!

Patrick Dunn, Staff Writer

Patrick Dunn, a native North Carolinian, is a staff member of Falcon News Feed. Patrick is a senior and represents Green Hope by running on the cross country team and playing defense on the lacrosse team. Last year Patrick helped the lacrosse team win a Conference Championship by protecting the goal and not allowing his weaker opponents to score. Still undecided on what he wants to study, Patrick would like to go to UNC and after college, he would rather stay in the south. Outside of school and sports, Patrick likes to play the guitar or relax with a bowl of penne vodka watching Breaking Bad.