Tennis vs. PC Preview

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Today, October 3rd, is the last day of the regular season for the Green Hope Women’s Tennis Team. The reigning state champions have plowed through their opponents this season, resulting in an undefeated record of 13-0. Their conference record is 10-0. The last game of the season for the team is against rival Panther Creek.

The Catamounts are 6-1 in conference play, the only loss coming to the Falcons earlier this season where Green Hope won 7-2. Panther Creek is coming into this match trying to grab a share of first place in the conference.

This season, the top singles player for the Falcons is junior Katie Andreini. The reigning state runner-up in singles is 6-0 this season when playing as our #1 singles player. Green Hope is led in doubles by Katie Andreini and Anna Rico, who have a record of 3-0.

The team travels to Panther Creek today to try and claim another Fight for 55 point. The match begins at 3:30. Make sure to go cheer on your Falcons!

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun, he’s come to take it again. This year he’s looking forward to being the chicken mini mile champion for the second time. “I don’t think anyone in this class can compete this year and I think it’s an easy year. I’ve been working on my quick eating skills.” Outside of school, he runs Varsity XC and Indoor/Outdoor track. His favorite subject is math- he’s a big fan of calculus. His favorite animal is his dog Millie, whom he calls a “goober.” The Fourth of July is his favorite holiday where he gets to spend the day out and really show how patriotic he is. His favorite place in the world is Camp Cheerio, where he spent the summer. His dad inspires him the most, “he works really hard and tries to do the best for my family.”