Weekly Wrap-Up 9/16-9/22

Back to Article
Back to Article

Weekly Wrap-Up 9/16-9/22

Green Hope logo.

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

After Hurricane Florence, Green Hope Athletics were back into the swing of things with many big performances last week. With conference play right around the corner, let us review how the Falcons performed.

Tennis: The team swept Cary 9-0 last week. Green Hope now has a record of 10-0, only dropping six of the 90 matches they have played. The next competition for the Falcons is Monday at Athens Drive.

Golf: Poor course conditions due to Florence did not allow the team to compete last week. They hit the course again today against Jordan.

Soccer: The soccer team picked up two great wins this past week. The first came against Middle Creek in a solid 4-0 win. The second was in the Wake County Cup Final, where they played Apex Friendship in a close 2-2 match that resulted in penalty kicks. The team won penalty kicks with a score of 4-3 and claim their second Wake County Cup trophy in the past three years. Green Hope’s next match is against Cary High on Monday at home.

Cross Country: The Cross Country team traveled to Charlotte this past weekend for the Hare & Hounds Invitational. The Boys team placed second behind Weddington. The Girls team placed eighth. The next competition for the Falcons is Wednesday at WakeMed Soccer Park.

Volleyball: The reigning state champions swept two conference opponents last week in Riverside and Athens Drive. Green Hope has now improved to 3-0 in the conference and stay ranked first in the state. This week, they take on Jordan, Holly Springs, and Panther Creek.

Football: After an unexpected bye week, Green Hope traveled to Apex Friendship where they beat the Patriots 14-7. Touchdowns were scored by Justen Grant and Joshua Hullum. This week, the Falcons have their scheduled bye week.

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun,...