Weekly Wrap Up 9/9-9/15

Back to Article
Back to Article

Weekly Wrap Up 9/9-9/15

Green Hope logo.

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Hurricane Florence brought many cancellations and delays to Green Hope sporting events last week, but let’s go through the handful of competitions the Falcons participated in.

Tennis: The reigning state champs had a strong week, winning two competitions. The first over Durham Jordan. The second was a big result for Green Hope, with the first Fight for 55 points in a 7-2 victory of Panther Creek. The next match for the tennis team is Thursday at Cary.

Golf: The Green Hope Women’s Golf Team picked up a victory in a Tri-6 match last week against Athens Drive, Cary, Panther Creek, and Jordan. The team’s score of 122 was followed by Panther Creek with a score of 132. The golf team was scheduled to play at Lochmere today, but poor course conditions have caused it to be postponed to a later date.

Volleyball: The back-to-back state champs took the court against Cary High last week, claiming a huge 3-0 conference win. The volleyball team is now 11-1, ranked 42nd in the country, and 1st in the state. The next match for the Falcons is Tuesday at Athens Drive.

Soccer: Hurricane Florence caused the soccer team to have no competitions last week. This week they play Apex Friendship twice. The first at home on Wednesday in a non-conference match. The second, on Saturday at Cardinal Gibbons in the Wake County Cup Finals.

Football: The football team was supposed to play Sanderson last week, but school cancellations did not allow this non-conference game to be held. The next time the Green Hope Football Team takes the field is Friday at Apex Friendship.

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun,...