Green Hope Weekly Wrap-Up 9/2-9/8

Last week was not a very eventful one for Green Hope Athletics. With only a handful of events, lets go through and check on how our Falcons performed.

Football: The Falcons lost 20-7 versus former SWAC foe Holly Springs. Despite that, at halftime, Green Hope did recognize their ninth straight Wells Fargo Cup with the Green Hope Falcon Nest on the field. The next game for the Falcons is on Thursday at Sanderson.

Tennis: The reigning state champions picked up two wins last week. Their first came on Wednesday against Riverside, picking up their first Tri-6 win with a score of 8-1. Then the next day, swept Leesville Road 9-0. The next game for the tennis team is a big Fight For 55 match on Wednesday against Panther Creek.

Soccer: The Men’s soccer team traveled to Corinth Holders last week for their only competition of the week. The team had a strong performance on both sides of the field winning 6-0. The team was led in scoring by Sam Durand with two goals. Other scorers were Colin O’Brien, Jeff Kulp, Dylan Enseling, and Alex Penel. The next match for Green Hope is Thursday at Holly Spring.

Golf: The Women’s Golf Team had a Tri-6 match at the Raleigh Golf Association last Wednesday. The team competed against Panther Creek, Cary, Athens Drive, and Jordan. Green Hope won the match with a score of 115, closely followed by Panther Creek with a score of 127. The next match for the golf team is Tuesday.

Cross Country: The Green Hope Cross Country Team traveled to Kernersville last Friday to compete in the Friday Night Lights Cross Country Festival. Both varsity squads placed 5th at the event. The boys were led by Thomas Vo with a time of 16:14 and the girls were led by Kelsey Vogel with a time of 19:58. The Cross Country team will take part in the Adidas Invitational this Saturday at WakeMed Soccer Park.

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor
Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun, he’s come to take it again. This year he’s looking forward to being the chicken mini mile champion for the second time. “I don’t...