Falcon Fortunes

Amelia Mendes, Staff Writer

Horoscopes for the month of September.

Aries (March 21-April 19): Be wary, Aries. As Mars travels through Taurus, you may become more inclined to face challenges and defend certain aspects of your life that you feel you are entitled to. Whether this is a GPA or your position on a team, refrain from being impulsive, analyzing the situation from a calmer perspective prior to taking any action. With a new school year in session, your social life will become more active this month. Remember, it’s never too early to turn on your romantic radar and keep a lookout for a potential date for Homecoming or Game Night. Friendship-wise, you might find a new study buddy who can explain that math problem or a fellow athlete who can give you a few pointers. Take advantage of this by not hesitating to branch out, but also make sure to always be helpful in return.

Taurus (April 20-May 20): Oh, Taurus. With Mars remaining in your sign, you may feel more inclined to distance yourself and focus solely on your schoolwork and/or extracurriculars. Don’t let the crowded staircases and hallways get to you. In the end, we are all just trying to get to class on time. Keep in mind that your witty nature and contagious smile will serve you best when trying to get the attention of someone new. Although it can be difficult introducing yourself and making small talk with new people, it’s definitely worth it. High school is also for having fun and hanging out with friends.

Gemini (May 21-June 20): Slow down, Gemini. With Mercury moving out of Leo, you may be having to make a lot of difficult decisions this month. Whether that be choosing a college or signing up for extracurriculars, just take a breath and don’t rush into anything that you will not be able to change later. Feel free to lean on a friend for advice. Jupiter’s alignment with Pluto suggests that opportunity will soon be knocking on your door, though it may not be what you’re expecting. So if you didn’t make the team you tried out for or if that special someone doesn’t feel the same way you do, don’t worry. People and opportunities that will be better for you are coming your way!

Cancer (June 21-July 22): Calm down, Cancer. With a new school year in session, you’re energetic and ready to meet new faces and reconnect with old friends. This is great, but don’t run out of steam! Later this month you may need to better budget your time and energy for aspects of your life that will require more attention. Remember to take things slow, as Cupid has a harder time with fast-moving targets. The eyes are the windows of the soul, so don’t be afraid to make eye contact if you see someone you like. Get lots of sleep and don’t take on more than what you can actually handle.

Leo (July 23-August 22): Things might be getting tough soon Leo, but you can stop any problems coming your way before they even fully form. Although your social life will be as vibrant as ever this month, your academic stance might not be as secure. Don’t procrastinate on assignments and studying. It could be more detrimental to you (and your GPA) than you anticipate. If you are successful in fighting these urges and old habits, the end of the month will prove to be rewarding. With Jupiter in aspect after the full moon, this reward could be a promising progress report or a more unexpected surprise in the love department.

Virgo (August 23-September 22): With a new school year comes a fresh start, Virgo. You will be on top of your game this month, whether that be on the field or in the classroom. Feel free to voice your opinions and offer assistance to others, as your participation will be greatly appreciated and taken into account. Towards the end of the month, you may face problems and inconveniences that are not necessarily in your control. If they are not in your control, don’t worry about them. Say yes to social opportunities that include new people. You might just cross paths with the yin to your yang.

Libra (September 23-October 22): Upon the arrival of yet another school year, like many others signs, your social and romantic life will become increasingly more active. At first, you may encounter people who will provoke or initiate an argument. Don’t give in to your temper and pride. Midway into this month, you will migrate towards more like-minded people who will share your priorities and values. Towards the end of the month, you should make time to relax and focus on yourself, your health, and your happiness. Spend some time with your friends and family on the weekends. At the end of the month, you may receive mixed signals from those near you. Don’t over analyze them, but always be open for communication.

Scorpio (October 23-November 21): At the beginning of this month a new opportunity will arise which could prove to be prosperous in your future. Although there may be obstacles along the way, you will overcome them if you truly dedicate yourself. Around the full moon, you will find yourself surrounded by positive influences. You might find these influences somewhat disconcerting at first, but don’t be intimidated or jealous. You will soon discover what makes you truly happy and realize that those around you might not be as confident as they portray themselves to be.

Sagittarius (November 22-December 21): With the sun squaring Jupiter at the beginning of this month, you may be inclined to be more generous with others. This is a wonderful virtue of which you should be proud, but do not allow yourself to be taken advantage of. Being generous and helpful does not necessarily mean being a pushover. Towards the middle of the month you will feel a sudden desire for independence from home. You will find that going out with friends and participating in extracurriculars will become a new focus in your life. Although this is wonderful, avoiding excluding anyone in the process.

Capricorn (December 22-January 19): Be cautious, Capricorn. A problem or responsibility that you have been attempting or hoping to evade will present itself at the beginning of this month. Whether or not this will be related to your schoolwork or close relationships is uncertain. Take your time to analyze the situation and take the steps that are necessary to minimize or fully overcome this obstacle. You will receive unexpected guidance and help from unlikely allies. With Mercury going into stationary direct during the middle of this month, you might hear from an old love interest who has not crossed your mind in quite some time. Keep a lookout, as this encounter may become more relevant in the future.

Aquarius (January 20 to February 18): The new moon at the beginning of this month could be symbolic for a new friend or romantic interest. Trust your instincts about whether or not they will have a positive or negative impact in your life. Creativity will strike later on during this month. Carpe diem— seize the day! Manifest this new inspiration into something of which you can truly express yourself and share with others. The latter part is crucial as you will have the ability to inspire others to do the same as you, which will prove to be to your benefit next month.

Pisces (February 19 to March 20): Pipe down, Pisces. Small inconveniences like waking up early and having less time on your hands will become increasingly more irritating in your daily life. Don’t sweat it. By the end of the month, these little daily challenges will become practically non-existent as new joys you didn’t anticipate will take their place. Maybe waking up early will become worth it when you begin to look forward to seeing the sunrise. Homework might not be as dreadful when you have a new friend from class to call when you get stuck on a problem. Your new outlook on life will be wonderful for your work ethic and will be contagious, and your close friends and family will be inclined to take on your new zen approach to everyday problems.

Amelia Mendes, Staff Writer

Amelia Allende Mendes is a junior at Green Hope this year.  She moved here four years ago from Miami Beach in Florida, but her favorite place in the world to visit is Costa Rica, because her grandmother’s used to be there.  Her favorite subject in school is drama, and she hopes to eventually receive a bachelors degree in fine arts from Fordham University.  She joined The Falcon this year because she feels that journalism is a great medium to express yourself and write about issues that are relevant to your peers.