Neighborhood Being Built Next to GHHS

An overhead view of the future neighborhood, with GHHS in the image towards the top

Google Maps

Google Maps

Ben Carawan, News Editor

It has been discovered that yet another neighborhood has been proposed to be built within the Town of Cary after viewing updated Cary Development maps. While another neighborhood being built may not be a surprise to most, this one is in a rather strange place and will have a direct impact on Green Hope High School. This new housing development has been proposed to be located just south of the school, bordering WCPSS’s property. The development is located on Carpenter Upchurch right beside the roundabout (traffic circle) that students use to get to and from the school every day. It has the potential to cause traffic issues for the school.

The project was previously known as the Mills Rezoning and the rezoning request of 7.71 acres was approved. The Town of Cary has recently approved the site plans for the Emory Springs Subdivision, which is also what the neighborhood will be known as. The site will include 40 lots with 40 townhomes located on it. The entrance to the neighborhood will be directly next to the Green Hope roundabout, and it will cause the road to have to widen. The two streets in the neighborhood will be called Hero Place and Valor Street. Hero Place is currently the main road of the development and Valor Street will be a short dead-end street with room for future connections of which, unfortunately, are inevitable.

Town of Cary
Front elevation of the townhouses. Plans have been approved by the Town of Cary

It is not currently known when construction will begin, but the destruction of the existing land, including several houses, has begun already and will continue within the next few months. It is unknown to what effect the development will impact Green Hope High School, but we will soon find out.

Ben Carawan, News Editor
This Ben’s second year as a member of the Falcon News Feed. He is a member of an ever-decreasing population of people who have of lived in Cary their whole lives. Ben uses his native Cary skills to primarily cover local news and student life. In his free time, Ben likes driving, but is awful...