Motorcycle Crash-Preventing Technology

CarThrottle

CarThrottle

Noa Lawrence and Bradley Stewart

Bosch, a company mostly known for their home appliances, recently decided to venture into a new space – automobiles and motorcycles. Instead of focusing on creating an all-new car or motorcycle, Bosch took a unique approach and started producing groundbreaking technologies for cars and motorcycles that are already being produced.

Bosch’s most recent creation consists of a jet being attached to the side of a motorcycle. The point of mounting this jet to the side of the vehicle is to increase traction during turns. Essentially, the jet will provide downforce during corners in order to give the driver more control over the vehicle. Many may think that this application is too far of a stretch, but Bosch has perfected this technology over the past few months and many large motorcycle companies are considering adding this technology to their bikes to increase rider safety.

First Bosch made their innovative air ride suspension system, and now their jet thrust technology may be saving lives of motorcycle riders. What’s next?

About the Writers
Noa Lawrence, Staff Writer

Senior Noa is a staff writer for Falcon News Feed, and enjoys working on his car and being outdoors. His worst nightmare is his car being stolen.

Bradley Stewart, Staff Writer

Hi, I’m Bradley, a senior sports writer on the Falcon News Feed staff.  This is my second year on the Falcon News Feed team.  I have spent my entire life in the Triangle.  I have an older brother and sister and a twin brother.  On weekends, I enjoy playing sports with my friends, especially basketball.  I enjoy watching and playing basketball, football, and golf.  My favorite sports teams are the Steelers and Duke.