Royal Wedding This Weekend

Coral Aman, Staff Writer

On this Saturday, May 19th, the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will take place at the St George’s Chapel in Windsor, England. The world has been waiting for this day since it was announced back in December. The wedding ceremony will begin at 12:00 BST, which is 7 a.m. EST; 4 a.m. PST.

After the wedding, a carriage procession will occur for one hour around the town of Windsor. The ceremony will be filled with music, cake, flower, and lots of food. Ms. Markle will also be baptized before the wedding. Authorities are expecting over 100,000 people to crowd the streets outside the castle as the wedding occurs.  Prince Charles is going to walk Ms. Markle down the aisle, as the father is recovering from heart surgery.

Around 2,460 people will be attending the wedding, but for those of us not invited, there are several options available to witness this big day. Several networks will be broadcasting the event starting very early in the morning. On ABC, Good Morning America will show the wedding beginning at 5 a.m. Some networks such as BBC World News will begin covering the event on Friday night at 9 p.m. with details on pre-wedding festivities. CNN, NBC, and CBS will all begin streaming the wedding at 4 a.m. The wedding can also be streamed live on YouTube, news mobile apps, or on the websites of some news networks.

Over 2 billion people watched the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton in 2011. This weekend, that number is expected to rise to over 3 billion people, possibly making this event the most viewed in history.

Although it is early, this event is sure to be unforgettable!

Coral Aman, Copy Editor

Coral is a senior this year and it’s her second year taking the Falcon News Feed class. When she’s not running in the Cross Country or Track seasons, Coral enjoys spending time at the beach and even says if she had to live anywhere outside of the United States it would probably be a tropical island somewhere. Christmas is one of the best times of the year according to Coral; decorating and putting up the tree is her favorite family tradition. Many seniors get anxious to leave Green Hope and Cary, and Coral is no exception. Although she’s a little scared to leave everything she’s ever known, this senior also can’t wait to meet new people and have new experiences; she’s just hoping she doesn’t get senioritis as graduation nears! In the future, Coral hopes to see herself working as an occupational therapist and helping others with basics everyday things, or participating in scientific research, which makes perfect sense seeing as science and math are her two favorite subjects in school.