Furry Falcons: Daniel, the Horse

Jackie Toombs

Jackie Toombs

Ideliya Khismatova and Coral Aman

Furry Falcons is a series on Falcon News Feed. Teachers and students can be interviewed to have their pet(s) featured on the website, and the pet does not have to be furry! If you are interested and want your pet featured, please fill out this google form.

On this episode of Furry Falcons, we interviewed Jackie Toombs, a junior here at Green Hope, about her stunning pet horse, Daniel.

She told us that Daniel is a Thoroughbred and is 23 years old. He is pretty middle-aged for a horse, as she informed us that they usually live up to around 30 years.

Jackie does not technically own the horse because she leases him. We asked her what it means to lease a horse, and she told us that it is basically like leasing a house: you take care of the horse until your time is up. She has been leasing him for four years.

Daniel originally belonged to Jackie’s trainer. The trainer offered the horse to Jackie, and she decided to lease him. Jackie visits her horse four times each week.

Daniel’s favorite thing to do is jump. Jackie’s favorite memory with her horse was last summer. She took Daniel to a pond, and he enjoyed swimming in the water. He loves to swim!

If Daniel could talk, he would say “More pears please!!”

About the Writers
Ideliya Khismatova, Student Life Editor
Ideliya Khismatova is a senior writer who is in her second year of falcon news feed. She has one younger brother, one hamster, and enjoys to run during her free time. In the future, she wants to major in environmental science. Her spirit animal is a pelican because they’re majestic and they can fly. This...
Coral Aman, Copy Editor
Coral is a senior this year and it’s her second year taking the Falcon News Feed class. When she’s not running in the Cross Country or Track seasons, Coral enjoys spending time at the beach and even says if she had to live anywhere outside of the United States it would probably be a tropical...