Rolls-Royce SUV

Rolls-Royce

Rolls-Royce

Noa Lawrence, Staff Writer

Recently, automotive companies have been focused on complying with consumer demand by creating performance SUVs. Over the past few years, performance luxury companies have been creating and selling these performance SUVs at astonishing rates. Everything from the Bentley Bentayga to the Tesla Model X has been created over the past few years because of this increased demand for performance SUVs.

The newest company to join this trend is Rolls-Royce. Yes, you heard that right. The company known for their coupe and sedan style ultra-luxury vehicles is now making an ultra-luxury SUV. Named after the world’s largest Diamond, the Cullinan is projected to be one of Rolls Royce’s most popular vehicles.

The Cullinan produces 563 wheel horsepower and 627-pound-foot of torque. The stylish exterior and hardcore engine make the perfect combination for this ultra-luxury SUV. The interior will come in two styles, one with 4 seats total and the other with 5 seats total. The 4 seat option has two large back seats with less trunk space. The 5 seat option utilizes a bench style back seat and has more trunk space.

Rolls-Royce

Not only is the Cullinan a good looking car, it also has some innovative technology packed inside. Using air compression technology, the vehicle automatically pumps more air into compressed spring bags whenever that side of the car is lacking traction. To add in rigidity, this SUV has the strongest drive and prop shafts that Rolls makes.

The Cullinan may be the most innovative ultra-luxury vehicle that has been released in 2018. Automotive companies will have to step their game up in order to compete with this new development.