Spring Playoffs Preview

As the NCHSAA playoffs begin this week, Ryan and I (Sean Petersen) have made a preview to help analyze and know what to look for on every Green Hope sports team participating in the playoffs.

Softball: The team takes on close rival Panther Creek in the first round of the playoffs this week. The team is led by Ashley Rager and Savannah Harrison. The team has a wide variety of skilled pitchers, so watch for that to be a key to making a playoff run.

Men’s Tennis: Ryan Xiao, Jim Dick, and Aniketh Vipparla all qualified for states in singles and doubles. Wish them luck as they go to Millbrook Exchange Park for the State Championship this weekend!

Men’s Golf: Green Hope got off to a great start finishing second at regionals this past weekend. Jack Massei impressively won the region and will be in contention for a State Title. Other key players to help Green Hope secure a State Championship will be Chris Kim and Alex Huml.

Women’s Soccer: The team won the Conference and is riding on a 13 game winning streak. Deservingly, they have earned a first round bye and face Millbrook on Friday at Green Hope. The team has a key player in every part of the pitch with defender Kacie Mollin, midfielder Catherine Holbrook, and forward Anna Bevan. These few will be trying to help the team make a deep run in the playoffs.

Men’s Baseball:  The team took 2nd in the Tri-6 Conference, but as seen by their runner-up performance in the NHSI, they are capable of a very deep run into the NCHSAA playoffs.  Anchored by strong pitching from sophomore Liam Norris, senior Joey Hegeman and junior Kohl Abrams, the team should be able to keep other teams to minimal runs. Strong offensive/defensive performances from seniors Jordyn Adams, PJ Heintz and Joseph Nunn, will add support to the strong bullpen for the Falcons. Look for baseball to advance deep into this year’s playoffs.  The quest for a state title begins with a 2nd round matchup against former conference rival Fuquay-Varina Friday night.

About the Writers
Sean Petersen, Staff Writer

Sean Petersen is a senior. He enjoys cuddling with his pet lizard. Sean’s favorite dish is Ziti el forno made by Mrs. Morton. In his free time, he like...