Avengers Hits a Billion

Alex Price, Staff Writer

In 11 days, Avengers: Infinity War made $1 billion worldwide. After nine days, it has already hit almost $500 million domestically. After about a 56% drop from the first weekend, Infinity War made $112 million last weekend topping the box office. Coming in second place was the debuting Overboard, which made almost $15 million. A Quiet Place and I Feel Pretty took third and fourth place, making $7.5 million and $5 million respectively. Rampage rounded off the top five, making $4.5 million.

Overboard was a remake of a film released in 1987. The 1987 original didn’t see much success in its first weekend but was able to see a resurgence in the following weeks. In the second week, it saw a double in revenue and ultimately saw a total of $27 million. The remake looks like it will be more successful as it’s already made half of that.

This weekend last year saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 open to $150 million, only slightly topping Avengers this weekend. However, after Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, the weekend saw a huge drop, with second place only making $8.5 million. With that being said, the weekend made more money last year, making $195 million compared to this year’s $164 million.

There are two new releases this weekend. Breaking In is a thriller about a single mom who has to fight off a group of men that break into her home one night. It stars Gabrielle Union and Billy Burke. Life of the Party is about a middle-aged woman who returns to college after getting a divorce. It stars Melissa McCarthy, Gillian Jacobs, and Debby Ryan.

Alex Price, Staff Writer

Jacob is a junior at Green Hope. He wrestles for both Green Hope and Wolfpack Wrestling Club, and is an avid Fortnite player. Jacob enjoys movies, and said if he was stuck on a stranded island, he would wish to have all six seasons of the show “Lost” with him. Jacob would like to be an actor when he grows up (if success is guaranteed), because actors are able to experience many different roles, positions, cultures, and travel to many different places. His favorite food is Papa John’s pepperoni pizza, and his favorite holiday is Christmas. If he were dared to dye his hair an unnatural color, Jacob would choose hot pink, but he believes the color that best describes him is green. When asked what three words describe him, Jacob chose “Really cool person.”