Lacrosse Wins the Tri-6

Bradley Stewart, Sports Editor

On March 21, Green Hope lacrosse goalie Parker Morrissette said that the team was “ready to hang a banner.”  More than a month later, that premonition has come true. The lacrosse team has won four in a row en route to their first ever conference championship, putting a new banner on the gym wall.  Green Hope, no doubt, benefitted from the transition to the Tri-6, as the defending state champion Middle Creek Mustangs are no longer in their conference. Still, the Falcons were a step ahead of extraordinary this season, finishing 14-2 overall and undefeated in the Tri-6.  The season was capped off by coach Chase Kaznowski winning Tri-6 Coach of the Year.

Seniors Aidan Callahan and Jack Larkin led the team on the offensive end.  Callahan led the team with 60 goals, while adding also adding a team-high 35 assists.  The senior leader scored on an impressive 49.6% of his shots. Larkin finished just shy of Callahan in those figures, scoring 59 goals, assisting on 34 goals, while scoring on 48% of his shots.  Sophomore Ryan Cammarata led the Falcons with 54 ground balls on the season. In his first season as the starting goalie, Morrissette went 13-2, saving 56.2% of his shots, good for a 7.4 Goals Against Average.  

Green Hope plays in the opening round of the state playoffs on Friday.  They will face off against the Millbrook Wildcats, who went 9-6 for the season.  The Falcons earned a 1 seed, but, should they defeat Millbrook, will presumably battle with undefeated Middle Creek, who beat Green Hope in last year’s Sweet 16.  Come out and support your Falcons in the opening round of the playoffs! The game begins at 7:00 at home.

Bradley Stewart, Staff Writer
Hi, I’m Bradley, a senior sports writer on the Falcon News Feed staff.  This is my second year on the Falcon News Feed team.  I have spent my entire life in the Triangle.  I have an older brother and sister and a twin brother.  On weekends, I enjoy playing sports with my friends, especially basketball....