Furry Falcons

Sasha, Mr. Richardson's dog, helping grade papers.

Mr. Richardson

Mr. Richardson

Coral Aman and Ideliya Khismatova

Furry Falcons is a new series on Falcon News Feed. Teachers and students can be interviewed to have their pet(s) featured on the website, and the pet does not have to be furry! If you are interested and want your pet featured, please fill out this google form.

The first feature of Furry Falcons features APUSH and sociology teacher, Mr. Richardson.

We asked Mr. Richardson a few questions about his adorable dog, Sasha. He told us that Sasha is a mutt, but after doing a doggy DNA kit, he and his wife found out that Sasha is part lab, chow, and retriever.

His wife adopted Sasha in Wilmington when she and Mr. Richardson were still engaged and Mr. Richardson was in Chapel Hill for graduate school. Recently, Sasha celebrated her ninth birthday!

We also asked Mr. Richardson what Sasha enjoys doing most. He explained that dogs take on the personalities of their owners, so Sasha is pretty chill. She likes to lie on the couch and enjoys having the window open so she can look out in the yard. Sasha also loves to go on walks, and sit on her owners’ feet, especially when they are eating. Surprisingly, she does not play fetch or anything; Sasha is really bad at fetch. She will often fetch twice, but if the ball is thrown a third time, she is done.

Mr. Richardson has many unforgettable memories with Sasha. He loves going to the beach with her and any park activity is enjoyable, especially watching her bolt in any direction.

He also has fond thoughts of giving Sasha belly rubs and the unadulterated adoration that she gives him.

If Sasha could talk, she would say:

“Leave me alone, I’m happy.”

About the Writers
Coral Aman, Copy Editor

Coral is a senior this year and it’s her second year taking the Falcon News Feed class. When she’s not running in the Cross Country or Track seasons, Coral enjoys spending time at the beach and even says if she had to live anywhere outside of the United States it would probably be a tropical island somewhere. Christmas is one of the best times of the year according to Coral; decorating and putting up the tree is her favorite family tradition. Many seniors get anxious to leave Green Hope and Cary, and Coral is no exception. Although she’s a little scared to leave everything she’s ever known, this senior also can’t wait to meet new people and have new experiences; she’s just hoping she doesn’t get senioritis as graduation nears! In the future, Coral hopes to see herself working as an occupational therapist and helping others with basics everyday things, or participating in scientific research, which makes perfect sense seeing as science and math are her two favorite subjects in school.

Ideliya Khismatova, Student Life Editor

Ideliya Khismatova is a senior writer who is in her second year of falcon news feed. She has one younger brother, one hamster, and enjoys to run during her free time. In the future, she wants to major in environmental science. Her spirit animal is a pelican because they’re majestic and they can fly. This summer she was able to go to a World Cup game to watch Spain vs. Iran. One interesting fact about Ideliya is that she speaks 3 languages. She can speak English, Russian and Tatar. Interesting enough she was born in Siberia. She thinks that the Green Hope community is a great place where people are very supportive. She enjoys going to chick fil a because of the fries, which happen to be her favorite food. If she could go to one place in the world it would be Norway because she wants to go skiing in the mountains.