Ares Epps Commitment

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Ares Epps is a senior runner for the Green Hope Cross Country and Track teams. During his junior year, Epps won two state championships in the 4×800 relay. Along with the state-wide success, Epps was a two-time All-American in the 4×800 relay and the 4xmile relay. Returning for his senior year, Ares was aspiring for big things, and that is exactly what has been happening for the senior this year. Epps was a part of the Cross Country team that won the state championships last November. The senior won the team state title for Indoor Track and Field as well. Epps has decided to continue his athletic and academic career close to home at North Carolina State University. I sat down with Ares to talk about his recent commitment and this is what he had to say:

1. When did you begin playing the sport that you committed to? “I started running in eighth grade. I was not very good.”
    2. What inspired you or pushed you to pursue a sport at the collegiate level? “I was just thinking I’m bound to go D-1. So I did it.”
    3. What schools were you considering before your commitment? “Memphis, Charlotte, App, and Central.”
    4. What separated (NC State) from the others? “I liked their team a lot. Their team chemistry was on point and I like that.”
    5. Who is the most impactful person you have ever had in your sports life? “Myself because each season I have wanted to get better so I train and did stuff differently to get better. My coaches have been great helping me along the way. My supporters were crucial in my success as well.”
    6. Do you know what you want to major in? “Communications and Athletic Training.”
    7. What are your plans/goals after college? “The world’s gonna know my name literally.”

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun,...