Announcements 4/20

Daily Dad Joke
Q: Whats red and moves up and down?

A: A tomato in an elevator.

SENIORS, fill out this Google Form to nominate inspirational teachers for this year’s senior magazine! https://goo.gl/forms/H9LWpMyyeYPRuWOE3

GH Dance Team: Tryout Interest Meeting for the 2018-2019 GH Dance Team will be held on Wednesday, April 25th at 3:00 PM in the GH Dance Studio (Room 502). See Mrs. Wadia or Ms. Burkette with any questions. Visit www.greenhopedanceteam.weebly.com and look under the “Tryout Info” tab for additional information.

Amyes students- Semester 1 AP Human Geography students- I will be having our first review session next week during tutorials on Monday (4/16) and Thursday (4/19).

APUSH: Review sessions for Fall semester students will be after school on April 24 & April 26.  See the class website ghhsapush.com to register.

Junior English Classes: Junior English students have learned lessons from Holden (Catcher in the Rye) and Walden (Transcendentalism). Their project is to observe and pay it forward with acts of kindness to make #ghhappyplace. Over the course of the next week, we hope to inspire you through their acts and stories to keep paying it forward. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x2nZE9IJV1ynpee6D0CXj_cwIwQG2v5A5AuaEqjqEBI/edit?usp=sharing

Creative Writing II Class: A new issue of the Inkblot has been released and is available for reading online. You can find The Inkblot under the Student Life tab on the Falcon News Feed.

Chorus: Everyone is invited to come out to our Spring Chorus Concert on Tuesday, April 24 at 7:00 p.m. in the auditorium. Admission is $5 online and $7 at the door. Purchase your online tickets now by going to www.greenhopefinearts.org. Hope to see you at the concert!

Student Ambassadors: The Green Hope Student Ambassadors will be having an interest meeting for the 2018-19 school year on Wednesday 4/25/18 during 1st half of lunch in room 2318. All students in grades 9-11 who wish to make an impact by welcoming new students at Green Hope are welcome to join! Those who are not able to make the interest meeting can fill out an application here: https://goo.gl/forms/dKArndeAg8ns40tH3. Applicants will be notified the week after May 21st.

GH Dance Dept: Students interested in taking a Dance elective next year and wish to place out of Beginning Dance 1 must attend the placement audition on Tuesday, April 24th. We will meet in the Dance Studio from 2:30-3:30. A warm-up will NOT be provided and placement into an upper level/Honors course is NOT guaranteed just because you attend. Email Mrs. Wadia with any questions or concerns at nwadia@wcpss.net.

All Clubs: The list of existing clubs and advisors here at GHHS is up and active.

Badminton Club: Badminton Club will have a meeting this Friday, April 20th before school (6:30-7:15 am) to practice in the auxiliary gym. Please bring own racquets and shuttles, if possible. See you there!

Spanish Club: Spanish Club is meeting Tuesday, May 10 in Mod 1 Room 4 to watch the movie CoCo. Come join and watch a fun cultural movie with free popcorn.

History and Geography Club: History and Geography Club meets every Friday BOTH HALVES of Lunch in Mod 2-1. Our website is: http://ghhshistorygeography.weebly.com If you have any questions, contact: Rohan Rajesh rrajesh@students.wcpss.net Kevin Liu kxliu@students.wcpss.net

The Ronald McDonald House Club: The Ronald McDonald House Club will be having a Spring themed card making event next Monday on the 26th! It will be in room 304 during both halves of lunch. Stop by and help make a card or two!

GHHS Microsoft Office Specialist Club: Hi all! GHHS MOS Club meets every other Friday second half of lunch in room 2322 to certify (test taken to recognize oneself as a pro in an application), to compete in a worldwide well-known competition where winners can potentially win $10,000, and to share tips and tricks about Microsoft applications 🙂 There are many benefits that come with this club. This club provides practice for the competition on every Wednesdays and Fridays both halves of lunch in room 2322. Feel free to drop by anytime to know more or join the club! No prior knowledge is required 🙂 Contact us at ghhsmos@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns. Hope to see you all there!!

Speech and Debate Club: Speech and Debate Club meetings on Tuesdays every week, the second half of lunch, RM 3306 http://www.ghhsspeechandebate.weebly.com/

Green Hope Food Ark: Missed the interest meeting? Fill out this form if you are interested in joining our efforts to end food insecurity! https://goo.gl/forms/NETCSWZfkaPV5faP2

Stock Brokers Club: Do you want to learn how to trade? Interested in a career on Wall Street? Come to the Stock Brokers Club to learn how to properly invest and make a profit. We meet every Friday first half of lunch in room Mr. Bauld’s Room (2306). No prior knowledge is required. For more information contact 919-434-5585 or msfarrington@students.wcpss.net

GH DREAM: The GH DREAM club seeks to help refugees who come to our community by gathering donations and raising awareness about their issues. Join us on Tuesdays during the first half of lunch in Mrs. Yamauchi’s classroom–Mod 4, Rm 6.

Green Hope Girls Ultimate Frisbee: Interested in learning or playing the sport of Ultimate? The Green Hope Girls’ team, sanctioned by Triangle/USA Ultimate, meets 3x a week, with fall/spring tournaments and a spring league as well. All (including beginners) are welcome! Joining our team is a fun form of exercise and a great way to make friends and meet a whole new community of people. For more information, please email soniarao2001@gmail.com.

Environmental Club: Come to Environmental Club meetings every Thursday from 2:30-3:15 in room 316! Everyone can attend. You can receive APES hours for attending meetings.

The History and Geography Club meets every Friday, Mod 2-1, B Lunch

Upperclassman Information

Tutoring Club: Anyone who wants to be tutored or be a tutor can sign up at https://sites.google.com/site/ghtutoringclub/

School Counselor: Attention seniors: The scholarship newsletter is now posted on the Student Services webpage under “Resources”. The newsletter will be updated with new scholarships on a regular basis. Please be sure to stay updated and remember to submit scholarships by the posted deadline.

ATTN: Juniors and Seniors
In order to attend a college visit, students MUST sign up for Student Services and get a pass by 7:25 am for morning visits and by 11:18 for afternoon visits.  These meetings are for Students Only

Tues. April 17 UNC Greensboro 9 am

Wed. April 18 James Madison Univ. 9 am

Thursday, April 19 Paul Mitchell the School – Raleigh

On Thursday, April 26th during A lunch in the Auditorium students are invited to attend a Career Conversation on Digital Marketing with Rose Fritsinger. Students can learn more about a growing marketing area that can include promotional efforts made via the Internet, social media, mobile

To get reminders, complete one of the following: •Text @9k3ce to the number 81010 •Or via internet: go to rmd.at/9k3ce •Or on your phone’s web browser type in rmd.at/9k3ce