Announcements 4/17

Daily Dad Joke
Q: What has ears but cannot hear?

A: A Cornfield.

SENIORS, fill out this Google Form to nominate inspirational teachers for this year’s senior magazine! https://goo.gl/forms/H9LWpMyyeYPRuWOE3

Chorus: Congratulations to 16 students from the GHHS Chorus Program who were selected to participate in the 2018 All-State Chorus. This is quite an honor, and these students represented our school in an outstanding manner April 14 and 15 in the All-State Clinic with a culminating performance at the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts in Raleigh. Green Hope had participants selected for all three All-State Choirs. Students participating in the Men’s All-State Choir included: Jack Glascock, Aidan Joiner, Ethan Noel, and Daniel Pearce. Students participating in the Women’s All-State Choir included: Aiyana Bailey, Sarah Cartier, Tatiana Dunston, Alex Payton, Ingrid Santiago, and Hannah Stone. Students participating in the All-State Mixed Choir included: Matt Baylis, Austin Harger, Brooke Kennedy, Sofia Leander, Roslyn Reynoso, and Anais Rhoades. Congratulations again to each of these students!

GH Dance Team: Tryout Interest Meeting for the 2018-2019 GH Dance Team will be held on Wednesday, April 25th at 3:00 PM in the GH Dance Studio (Room 502). See Mrs. Wadia or Ms. Burkette with any questions. Visit www.greenhopedanceteam.weebly.com and look under the “Tryout Info” tab for additional information.

AP Human Geography: Greenblatt’s AP Human Geography students (1st Semester only): It’s time to review for the AP exam on May 18th. I’ll be offering several review days to go over content, do practice exams, and for general questions/review. Use the link to see the different dates/topics and to sign-up: https://goo.gl/forms/g8Quy4WePvK9sQzg2

Amyes students- Semester 1 AP Human Geography students- I will be having our first review session next week during tutorials on Monday (4/16) and Thursday (4/19).

APUSH: Review sessions for Fall semester students will be after school on April 24 & April 26.  See the class website ghhsapush.com to register.

Creative Writing II Class: A new issue of the Inkblot has been released and is available for reading online. You can find The Inkblot under the Student Life tab on the Falcon News Feed.

All Clubs: The list of existing clubs and advisors here at GHHS is up and active.

Badminton Club: Badminton Club will have a meeting this Friday, April 20th before school (6:30-7:15 am) to practice in the auxiliary gym. Please bring own racquets and shuttles, if possible. See you there!

GreenHope Robotics: The Green hope robotics team are North Carolina State Champions and will be attending the international competition in Houston, Texas

Spanish Club: Spanish Club is meeting Tuesday, May 10 in Mod 1 Room 4 to watch the movie CoCo. Come join and watch a fun cultural movie with free popcorn.

History and Geography Club: History and Geography Club meets every Friday BOTH HALVES of Lunch in Mod 2-1. Our website is: http://ghhshistorygeography.weebly.com If you have any questions, contact: Rohan Rajesh rrajesh@students.wcpss.net Kevin Liu kxliu@students.wcpss.net

The Ronald McDonald House Club: The Ronald McDonald House Club will be having a Spring themed card making event next Monday on the 26th! It will be in room 304 during both halves of lunch. Stop by and help make a card or two!

GHHS Microsoft Office Specialist Club: Hi all! GHHS MOS Club meets every other Friday second half of lunch in room 2322 to certify (test taken to recognize oneself as a pro in an application), to compete in a worldwide well-known competition where winners can potentially win $10,000, and to share tips and tricks about Microsoft applications 🙂 There are many benefits that come with this club. This club provides practice for the competition on every Wednesdays and Fridays both halves of lunch in room 2322. Feel free to drop by anytime to know more or join the club! No prior knowledge is required 🙂 Contact us at ghhsmos@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns. Hope to see you all there!!

Speech and Debate Club: Speech and Debate Club meetings on Tuesdays every week, the second half of lunch, RM 3306 http://www.ghhsspeechandebate.weebly.com/

Green Hope Food Ark: Missed the interest meeting? Fill out this form if you are interested in joining our efforts to end food insecurity! https://goo.gl/forms/NETCSWZfkaPV5faP2

Stock Brokers Club: Do you want to learn how to trade? Interested in a career on Wall Street? Come to the Stock Brokers Club to learn how to properly invest and make a profit. We meet every Friday first half of lunch in room Mr. Bauld’s Room (2306). No prior knowledge is required. For more information contact 919-434-5585 or msfarrington@students.wcpss.net

GH DREAM: The GH DREAM club seeks to help refugees who come to our community by gathering donations and raising awareness about their issues. Join us on Tuesdays during the first half of lunch in Mrs. Yamauchi’s classroom–Mod 4, Rm 6.

Green Hope Girls Ultimate Frisbee: Interested in learning or playing the sport of Ultimate? The Green Hope Girls’ team, sanctioned by Triangle/USA Ultimate, meets 3x a week, with fall/spring tournaments and a spring league as well. All (including beginners) are welcome! Joining our team is a fun form of exercise and a great way to make friends and meet a whole new community of people. For more information, please email soniarao2001@gmail.com.

Environmental Club: Come to Environmental Club meetings every Thursday from 2:30-3:15 in room 316! Everyone can attend. You can receive APES hours for attending meetings.

The History and Geography Club meets every Friday, Mod 2-1, B Lunch

Upperclassman Information

Tutoring Club: Anyone who wants to be tutored or be a tutor can sign up at https://sites.google.com/site/ghtutoringclub/

School Counselor: Attention seniors: The scholarship newsletter is now posted on the Student Services webpage under “Resources”. The newsletter will be updated with new scholarships on a regular basis. Please be sure to stay updated and remember to submit scholarships by the posted deadline.

ATTN: Juniors and Seniors
In order to attend a college visit, students MUST sign up for Student Services and get a pass by 7:25 am for morning visits and by 11:18 for afternoon visits.  These meetings are for Students Only

Tues. April 17 UNC Greensboro 9 am

Wed. April 18 James Madison Univ. 9 am

Thursday, April 19 Paul Mitchell the School – Raleigh

Career Conversation – Dr. Todd Bovenizer – Orthodontist On Tuesday, April 17th during A lunch in the Auditorium students are invited to attend a Career Conversation with Dr. Todd Bovenizer of Bovenizer & Baker Orthodontics. Dr. Bovenizer will speak with students about how they can prepare for a career as an Orthodontist. Students earn tutorial credit by attending and signing in. In addition, Students and Staff are invited to join Ms. Barone’s Remind class to receive notices about the following: -Career Conversations -Career Events -Internships -Summer Programs -Leadership Opportunities -Part Time Jobs

On Thursday, April 26th during A lunch in the Auditorium students are invited to attend a Career Conversation on Digital Marketing with Rose Fritsinger. Students can learn more about a growing marketing area that can include promotional efforts made via the Internet, social media, mobile

To get reminders, complete one of the following: •Text @9k3ce to the number 81010 •Or via internet: go to rmd.at/9k3ce •Or on your phone’s web browser type in rmd.at/9k3ce