Hamilton is Coming to DPAC!

DPAC (dpacnc.com)

DPAC (dpacnc.com)

Ideliya Khismatova, Staff Writer

It’s official! The spectacular Broadway musical Hamilton will be performing at the Durham Performing Arts Center from Tuesday, November 6th through Sunday, December 2nd, 2018.

You’ve already seen Hamilton’s face. Where? He’s on the $10 bill! But he’s much more than just a face on paper currency.

The musical tells the story of America’s Founding Father Alexander Hamilton who helped George Washington in the Revolutionary War and was the nation’s first Treasury Secretary. In that role, he established a trading relationship with Great Britain, opposed slavery, and created the First National Bank.

The musical focuses on a historical figure that many don’t know much about with the help of hip-hop, jazz, R&B, blues, and Broadway music.

A limited number of tickets is going on sale during the summer, but DPAC won’t specify when and how many. They recommend that you sign up to become a friend of DPAC through their website so you can get emails on ticket updates and be offered special online deals to reserve tickets.

Hamilton is “The story of America then, told by America now.”

Ideliya Khismatova, Student Life Editor

Ideliya Khismatova is a senior writer who is in her second year of falcon news feed. She has one younger brother, one hamster, and enjoys to run during her free time. In the future, she wants to major in environmental science. Her spirit animal is a pelican because they’re majestic and they can fly. This summer she was able to go to a World Cup game to watch Spain vs. Iran. One interesting fact about Ideliya is that she speaks 3 languages. She can speak English, Russian and Tatar. Interesting enough she was born in Siberia. She thinks that the Green Hope community is a great place where people are very supportive. She enjoys going to chick fil a because of the fries, which happen to be her favorite food. If she could go to one place in the world it would be Norway because she wants to go skiing in the mountains.