Lacrosse Cruises Past The Imps

Sophomore Pierson White attacks the Imps defense.

Brandon Morton

Brandon Morton

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

On Tuesday, the 27th of March, the Green Hope Men’s Lacrosse Team faced off against cross-town rival Cary High in a big Tri-6 match. This is the second meeting between the two teams, the first ending in a 16-0 win for the Falcons. Green Hope cruised to another big win against the Imps, winning this matchup 17-2.

The team did not have any issues scoring last night. Senior Aidan Callahan had six goals, also sharing the ball with two assists. Players with three goals included Isaias Delgado and Jack Larkin. The team was led in assists by Jack Larkin with three. The team this season has been playing amazing and has been cruising to an undefeated season thus far. Junior Patrick Dunn said, “I think our team this year has been playing very well. I believe we do have a shot at winning a state championship.”

This season, the team has been playing astounding defense. The defensive line includes Patrick Dunn, Reilly Kearns, and Owen McGeary. In conference play, the team has only allowed 45 goals in six games. Dunn said, “The guys on defense do a great job communicating. We have all been hustling and getting the job done.” Dunn had three ground balls against the Imps, while Kearns had two. The goalkeepers, Parker Morrissette and Ian Goodall, only let in one goal each and both had five saves.

The Falcons are now 8-0 on the season, while being 6-0 in conference play. They are first in the Tri-6 heading into the midway point of the season. The teams next game will be tonight (March 28th) at Riverside. Make sure to go cheer on your Tri-6 leaders and go Green Hope!

About the Contributor
Brandon Morton, Sports Editor
Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun, he’s come to take it again. This year he’s looking forward to being the chicken mini mile champion for the second time. “I don’t...