Adidas vs. Nike

FNF

Isabella Sartori, Staff Writer

Many people at Green Hope used to wear Nike shoes a lot, but recently I have noticed more students wearing Adidas shoes. I preferably like Adidas more, but many people have different opinions on these brands.

Nike was founded in 1964, and has been a huge worldwide company since while Adidas was founded in 1949 in Germany. Although the two were not founded too far apart from another, the two differ in style and design. Personally, I see that Adidas tends to offer more style to their products while Nike tends to be more geared towards offering sports apparel.

When it comes to which one I on more, I own lots of Nike shoes, clothing, and hats. Nike is a great brand, and I have never been upset with the products I have bought. Recently I have been buying more Adidas shoes, because I like the style better. I asked multiple students from Green Hope about their opinion, and which they like better.

Claire Cetola, a junior at Green Hope said “I like Adidas better because it has more than just work out clothes it has a lot of different shoes that are not just for running so it can fit many different styles instead of just an athletic one and also the clothes include a lot more styles and are better looking.”

Nyasia Griffin, a junior at Green Hope said “I think Adidas is better than nike because it has different variety on clothing, shoes, and other accessories. It has so many trendy styles that are different and everyone loves, and also Nike is just basic sports wear.”

Will Turner, a junior at Green Hope said “ When I was younger, Nike was always the go to for my shoes, but as I have grown older that has turned out to not be the case. Freshman year I went to private school and the only place I could express myself was in my footwear so I bought stan smiths in just about every color and ever since then I have been partial to Adidas. I think they bring something different to the table. I think that they have more of an originality and pizzaz to them. I recently got a pair of nmds and I love to workout in them, they are great. I also think Kanye’s partnership with adidas for his yeezy collection has just also given the brand so much more clout. In review they are comfortable, good looking, hold up well, and I am glad they have not been found to use sweatshops in the Far East to make their sneakers. So they are my preference over Nike for sure”

What about you? Which one do you prefer?