3/19-3/25 Green Hope Sports Weekly Wrap-up

Bradley Stewart, Sports Editor

Baseball:

Green Hope destroyed Cary last Tuesday, 15-3.  Liam McHale went 2-4, with 3 RBIs. Payton Green, Kohl Abrams, and PJ Heintz all added 2 RBIs of their own.  Liam Norris led the way on the mound, striking out 8 Imps in five innings. The Falcons responded by routing Rolesville 18-3.  Abrams led the Falcons, going 4-4 with 6 RBIs at the plate. Johnny Ankner contributed 3 RBIs. Green Hope then beat Cary 2-1, to extend their winning streak to six.  Kevin Pitarra had the only RBI for the Falcons. Green Hope is now 8-2 for the season, and 2-0 in the Tri-6.

The Week Ahead:

Wednesday @ 6:00 vs Walton in NHSI Tournament

Softball:

The softball team played Cary twice last week.  When they played the Imps on the road, the Falcons fell 8-3.  Later that week, Green Hope responded by beating Cary 13-9. Katie Asbill went 3-4 with 2 RBIs in the win.  Kasey Condon, also, brought in 2 RBIs. Sarah Elam, Brenna Connors, Chelsey O’Shea, Madeline Bungert, and Savannah Harrison had an RBI of their own.

The Week Ahead:

Wednesday @ 4:30 at Middle Creek

Thursday @ 4:00 vs Sanderson

Men’s Lacrosse:

Green Hope routed Pinecrest 15-2 last Tuesday.  Jack Larkin scored six goals in the win. Isaias Delgado scored four goals and added five assists.  Aidan Callahan had five points in the blowout. The Falcons beat Athens Drive 12-7 to claim first place in the Tri-6.  Delgado scored five goals, while adding four assists. Larkin and Callahan had seven points and six points, respectively.  Green Hope is now 7-0 and are solo-holders of first place in the conference.

The Week Ahead:

Tuesday @ 6:30 at Cary

Wednesday @ 6:00 at Riverside

Women’s Lacrosse:

Green Hope opened last week with a 14-7 victory over Pinecrest.  The Falcons’ offense was spread out. Alicia Brunetti, Meghan O’Mara, and Kaylie Mossier had a hat trick in the win.  Three other Falcons scored as well. Green Hope responded with an 16-2 thrashing of Athens Drive. Kaylie Mossier scored four goals, while Michelle Ramsey and Alicia Brunetti added three goals.  

The Week Ahead:

Tuesday @ 6:00 vs Cary

Men’s Golf:

Green Hope finished first place in the fourth Tri-6 match of the season.  The Falcons beat Panther Creek by 15 strokes. Carter Boulia and Jack Massei both shot 36, while Chris Kim shot 38.  Green Hope has finished first in every conference match this season.

The Week Ahead:

Monday @ 3:00 at Falls Village in Tri-6 Match #5

Women’s Soccer:

Leesville Road beat Green Hope in the Falcons’ only match last night.  Kacie Mollin and Bridget Barrett scored the only two goals for Green Hope.

The Week Ahead:

Monday @ 7:00 at Cary

Wednesday @ 7:00 vs Athens Drive

Thursday @ 6:30 vs Apex

Men’s Tennis:

Green Hope dominated their tennis matches last week.  The Falcons beat Riverside 7-2 and Jordan 7-2. Green Hope went 5-1 in their doubles matches and 9-3 in their singles matches.

The Week Ahead:

Monday @ 3:30 at Panther Creek

Wednesday @ 3:30 vs Cary

Thursday @ 3:30 vs Millbrook

About the Contributor
Bradley Stewart, Staff Writer

Hi, I’m Bradley, a senior sports writer on the Falcon News Feed staff.  This is my second year on the Falcon News Feed team.  I have spent my entire...