Baseball Routs Cary

Coach Miragliuolo

Coach Miragliuolo

Antonia Meneses Gomez, Staff Writer

Last night at 6:00, Green Hope’s baseball team defeated Cary 15-3 in an away game matchup. Cary (3-5) was coming off a win against East Wake 6-1. Their only two other wins were against Knightdale and Apex Friendship. Cary has struggled to score runs this season, as they have been outscored 35 to 45.

Green Hope (6-2) recently defeated West Johnston 10-3. The Falcons continued their hitting streak last night. Senior, PJ Heintz went 2-4 with a homerun and 2 RBIs. Junior, Liam Mchale also contributed to the team with 2 hits and 3 RBIs.

The bats were supported by the strong pitching of Liam Norris. He pitched 5 innings with 8 strikeouts and only 4 walks. Joey Hegeman closed the game striking out 1 and giving up no hits.

Kevin Pitarra, a junior, said “It was great to finally see the team click at the plate, and in the field. It was a great win, and we’re ready to see them again on Friday.”

Up next the Falcons are scheduled to play Rolesville today, but will most likely be cancelled. They also will match up with Cary once again on Friday night.

Antonia Meneses Gomez, Senior Staff Writer

Antonia is a senior at Green Hope and spends a lot of time with her dog, Tyson, who’s ten months old and a little insane, but very cute.  She calls her dog her “son”. Antonia’s favorite subject at school is math, but she’d much rather be off school for summer so she can drive to Cook Out at 2am, play manhunt, and go to the beach with her friends.  Her friends describe her as outgoing, goofy, and caring, but they also say she’s bekfast. She loves the color baby pink, dogs, and takis. Antonia was born in Rancagua, Chile moved to Mexico when she was six, and moved to the US when she was 12.